Ch. 16 - Computers and Dead men [edited]

Crazed laughter could be heard from upstairs, a morbidly calming sound because of its familiarity.
Ben stood still, your cold body in his arms, putting as much pressure on the gash as possible.
Still breathing, good. He thought.
What did Ben know about blood loss? He knew that when they woke up, they needed a lot of water and iron, that they would be tired and that it would take at least a few days for the victim to wake.
How and where the hell was he supposed to get clean water?
Jeff barged in, the door's rusted handle creaking as it hit the poorly-cemented wall.
"What's wrong with your victim, midget? You finally give in and kill her?" He asked, leaning in, the sarcastic concern making Ben's patience bar lower uncontrollably.
"No." The blonde responded, his eyes glossy and nightmare-ish.
Not that Jeff cared, though. It smelled like blood and he wanted to see where it came from.
The white-skinned boy looked from your face to Ben's, his eyes traveling to your wounds, trying to imagine the gore underneath Ben's fingers.
"Leave." The boy commanded, and Jeff obliged. Not because Ben had authority over him, not at all, but because he wasn't remotely interested in whether you lived or died.
As the other killer left the room, Ben slowly came to the realization that he had never faced this. Never, not once, in all the times he'd been interested in a person, not once had they been attacked by an Anti-roller.
His head was a jumble of cryptic puzzles too complex for his dead mind to process at once.
How could he solve any equation with the blink of an eye, have all the information in the universe available at his fingertips, dripping away like sand, but not be able to tell himself how to feel?
Simple answer to you, the reader: He was a computer.
No soul to guide him, no physical brain to teach him. Only the hard drive of a computer and a couple of details from his lifetime, stored away in a disc.
Ben, a computer, had gathered all the data he could, put two and two together and... he felt something. Anything. The smallest trace of shattered memories were gathered and he felt something.
Computers & dead men didn't feel, and he was both of them, yet feelings had arose in the dead shell of his body.