Chapter 27 [Harry & Summer]

HARRY:

"So," Summer looked up from her half-empty plate. "How was the meeting?" I sighed and remembered Harry's assignment. "Hallie wants something different for the SOML music video," I told her. "Something about family."

"Family?", Summer repeated. I nodded. "Hallie told us to think about where we came from, and who we are today," I added. "The people who were with us along this journey."

"Tell me about your family," she said. I scratched my head. "You don't know about my family?", I asked. Well, my life is public because of media. Nothing's private anymore, pretty much like Summer's life.

"I've heard it from your fans' perspective," she went on. "But i want to hear it from you. Tell me about your mom, your dad, any siblings." I beamed at Summer's curiousity about my life.

I started talking about my life in Cheshire. My Mom, Robin and Gemma. I told her about the numerous support my mom has given me throughout my life. I told her about how much I loved them and how I wouldn't be who I was today if it wasn't for my Mom, sister and Robin.

"What about your dad, Haz?", she asked. "Isn't Robin your stepfather only?" I sighed. "My parents had a divorce when I was seven," I told her. Talking about that stung so bad.

"Harry...", she looked at me. "I-I'm so sorry," she reached out to touch my hand. "I shouldn't have asked," she added. I shook my head.

"I owe my mom everything," I added. "She raised me and Gem as both a mother and a father. That's why I'm glad she met Robin." Summer smiled slightly.

"Your mom's a good person," she said. "The way you descirbe her. I can really feel the love." I chuckled slightly. "A mother's love is truly the best," she added. "The most tender of all."

When Summer mentioned that, it was like a light bulb popped on top of my head. Summer talked about the value of mother's love, and it made me think of my mum. She raised me, she was both my mum and friend. I owe her everything. I woudn't be here without her.

I have to show the world how much my Mum meant to me. How she made the me who I am today, and that I'll never forget where I came from. I came from my Mum and that, I will be grateful for and I will cherish.

"Summer," I said. "Hmm?", she asked. "You're a genius!", I beamed and gave her a peck on the lips. "Why?", she asked. "SOML is about family," I told her. "And I choose my Mum."

Summer giggled. "That's great, Haz," she said. "Show the world how awesome your Mom is!" I beamed and we continued eating.

The rest of lunch time went great. Well, Summer made it great. After that, I decided to take her home because I'm sure she has other things to do now that she has a Spanish tutor and college is coming up soon.

I drove to their house and got out of the car so I can walk her to the door. She gave me a grateful smile as we made our way.

"So," Summer breathed as we both made it on her doorstep. "This is it. When can I see you again?" I laughed. I love the fact that Summer wants to spend time with me just as much as I want to with her.

"You can see me whenever," I said. "Just trust me." She smiled. I leaned in and I was about to kiss her. But before I could, we heard some noise.

"NO WAY!", someone shrieked.

Summer and I jumped away from each other and turned. There stood Hallie Browning with her jaw dropped.

# # # # # # #

SUMMER:

Yeah. There's one problem. I haven't told my family about me and Harry yet. Well, I was waiting for the right time. I mean, it just happened yesterday. Introducing him as my boyfriend seems like such a rush.

"Well, well, well," Hallie smirked. "What have we got here?" I felt myself turn red. I glanced at Harry and saw that he was blushing too. "Summer," she turned to me. "Can I talk to you for a sec.? Harry can wait."

I looked at Harry and he nodded for me to go on. "Fine," I sighed. "I'll be back." I told him and he nodded. "Let's go," Hallie said.

I followed Hallie inside. I didn't know what she would do so I was prepared for the worst. But surprisingly, she just kept squealing like a fangirl.

"OMG. OMG. OMG!", she said. "How long has this been going on?" I shook my head. It wasn't a big deal. "Since last night," I told her. "Chill. You look like you're about to go papparazzi."

"No wonder why you're always together!", Hallie beamed. "You're so cute. I ship, and I approve! Does Mom and Dad know?" I covered her mouth at the thought.

"Not yet," I told her. "I'll introduce Harry as my boyfriend when the time is right. You know our parents and their standards. Plus, they're busy and they have no time."

"I know," Hallie huffed. "I remembered when Kent met Mom and Dad. He freaked out so bad, but they loved him." I nodded. "I hope they'll like Harry too," I said. "Now, excuse me. My boyfriend's waiting outside."

"USE PROTECTION!", Hallie screamed before I closed the door. I felt my face turn red at her words. We just started dating, and Hallie's thinking of sex already. Crazy.

I found Harry, standing by his car on the driveway. He smiled when he saw me. I walked down the stairs and gave him a hug. I felt him kiss my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. I love it when he kisses me like that.

"I'll see you when I see you," he mumbled against my lips. "Yeah," I mumbled back. We both pulled away. He waved goodbye and drove out of her house.

I went back inside and found Hallie on the couch. She was watching Mom's fashion reality show which was currently airing, When I walked in, she smirked.

"That was fast," she laughed. "You guys just did a quickie?" I may not be that experienced in relationships, but I'm not ignorant about reality. "HALLIE!", I snapped. She laughed.

"I'm just joking," she said. "I know you, Summer. You're virgin and proud." I scoffed. "Can we not talk about this?", I asked. She just laughed harder. "Fine," she said. "Whatever floats your boat."

I sat on the couch beside her. "Lemonade?", I pointed at her glass. She nodded. I grabbed it and took a sip. "Do you love him?", Hallie asked. I nearly choked on my drink. "What?", I asked.

"DO. YOU. LOVE. HIM?", she asked. I shrugged. "That's such a fast forward question," I told her. "We just started dating." Hallie nodded. "He's good for you," she said. "I'm sure you'll find out soon."

I nodded. I decided to spend the whole day with Hallie, just doing the typical stuff. She's really lazy today so I just went on with her.

All those time, I'm bothered. Love? Really? I'm not sure now. i just started the relationship. Loving Harry now seems too fast. I guess I'll just go with the flow then.