Chapter 18 [Harry & Summer]

HARRY:

*Friday*

"Good Day, Los Angeles!", DJ Nico greeted. "Good day world! That was One Direction's new single, 'Best Song Ever' and here with me this afternoon are 2/5 of the band. Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson!"

"Hey!", Louis greeted on his microphone. "Hello everybody," I greeted as well. "Congratulations on the new single boys," DJ Nico said. "I bet you guys had..."

I wasn't really paying attention to the interview. Summer's recital is in 30 minutes. I don't want to disappoint her by bailing on her invitation. She already sees me as a friend. I don't want to risk losing that.

"Haz," Louis whispered. "You alright?" I nodded stiffly. He sighed and shook his head. "Don't worry, mate," he said. "We'll be there on time. You'll get to see Summer." I gave him a weak smile.

I hope, Lou. I really hope so.

# # # # # # #

SUMMER:

I was looking behind the curtain. So far, I have spotted my parents, my brothers, my friends and Mrs. Peterson. No sign of Hallie, Kent or the One Direction boys. The recital's in 20 minutes. I'm freaking out.

"SUMMER!", I turned to see Hallie and Kent, all dressed up in formal black. "Wow," I hugged them both. "Wow?", Hallie repeated. "You're the one who's wow! This is your night. I know you'll do well." I nodded. "Thank you," I beamed at her.

I peeked behind the curtain again. I spotted Zayn, Liam and Niall, but no Harry and Louis. I frowned. Where is Harry? He said he'd be here. It's not that I'm being needy and all, but I just want him to come.

"Looking for someone?", Hallie smirked. I sighed and nodded. "Do you know where Harry and Louis are?", I asked. Hallie nodded. "They're still in KPFK station for an interview," she answered. I sighed in disappointment.

"Hey," Hallie patted my back. "Don't worry. You can count on Harry to be here. He'd never let you down. You guys are friends, aren't you?" I smiled and nodded.

"Summer," one of the stagehands approached me. "Go to your place. The 1st act is about to begin." Hallie gave me another hug. "We'll see you later," she pulled away. "Good luck." I thanked her then I went to get my violin.

Harry's coming. I know he is. He won't bail on me. He won't let me down. He won't. He won't. I just know it.

Let's get this show on the road.

# # # # # # #

HARRY:

"Drive faster, Louis!", I demanded. He shot me a glare. "Calm your knickers, Harry," he snapped. "I'm going 30 miles per hour if you can see!" I shook my head rapidly. "Summer's act is about to start!", I growled.

"Chill," he said. "Pantages theatre is 5 blocks away. We can make it on time." I huffed and sat on my seat, defeated.

I can't calm down. I wouldn't want to miss Summer's act. It would mean a lot to me to see her happy. She's true, good, and beautiful. I can't help, but feel so drawn at her by her being her.

"CRAP!", Louis cussed. "What?", I asked. "LA Traffic," he pointed out. He groaned in frustration. I did too. "We have to do something," I sighed. "No shiz," he said. "I have to be there on time," I told him.

"We're going to find a way," Louis said. "We just need to think staight, pull our crap together, and run for lives just to be there."

Louis and I took a little time to think of something so I can watch Summer's act on time. I tried so hard to think, but all that was on my mind was her. Summer.

# # # # # # #

SUMMER:

The orchestra finished playing their part. Now, it was the solo with piano accompanienment. Me, and Mrs. Peterson. I peeked at the window. There was still no sign of Harry. I frowned.

I tried not to be disappointed since Harry might have a good explanation, but I am disappointed. I'm not mad or anything. I just wished he was here. I just wish he could see me here.

Is this what it's like to have a crush on someone? You always want to be around them, and you always want to impress them? That's what I'm feeling about Harry now.

Although he is not here, I just want to show him things I can do. As boring as my life would sound like, I can really nail playing the violin. Too bad though; just too bad.

"Summer," Mrs. Peterson approached. "Let's go. You're up." I nodded and we both made our way on stage. There was a decent sound of applause, and I felt myself shaking.

"Elgar B Minor is one of Edward Edgar's longest orchestral compositions," Mrs. Peterson started. "It is a masterpiece and not all musicians are guaranteed success when they play this."

"It requires so much concentration, passion, and logic," she continued. "A quality that one of my best students don't lack. Today, she is here to take the risk of playing this with me."

I'm getting nervous in every second. "Ladies and gentlemen," Mrs. Peterson concluded. "I present to you, Summer Browning."

No sign of Harry. I give up. I took a deep breathe and began to play with Mrs. Peterson. I let all my emotions pour out as I play with my violin. I glanced at Mrs. Peterson who was smiling at me.

I glanced at my parents, siblings and friends. They were all smiling. I guess that means so far, so good. I'm not boring them to death or screwing up or something. Yay, good.

I looked at my violin so I can slowly adjust it without being obvious then I looked up to continue playing. As I was scanning the crowd, that's when I spotted a mop of curly hair. My heart began to raise.

The guy didn't go to his seat, he just stood at the back with a smile on his face, and our eyes met. He had green eyes, pale skin, dark, curly hair. It's definitely Harry. He looked so triumphant and my confidence started to increase as I play.

Hallie was right. He did come. I could count on Harry to be here.

// Sorry for posting just now. Senior year is so hectic that I hate it. Oh, well. I'll post more often soon. I'm sorry. :(