Chapter 18: My Mom

Susanoo's P.O.V

"What do you want to do before you leave?" asked Amaterasu. I looked at the floor. it has been so long. So long since I seen her. I want to see her again. In person.

"I want to see my mother." I said. She looked at me confused. I looked at a map posted on the wall. I pointed to a city. I traced my finger in a line to a different city.

"Were here. In Baskerville. My mom and I lived here. In Sutherhold." (Randomly made names. I don't want you guys all to know where I live) I said. She looked at it.

"That's like two miles from here. Not very far. We can go today if you'd like." she told me. I nodded. I can't wait to see my mom again. I touched my collar around my neck lifting it just far enough to touch my locket.

"Let's get the others." she told me. I smiled. That's right. Tsukuyomi, Benzaiten, and Raiden all are waiting for us. We met up and then got in the car to leave. I starred out the window as all the familiar surroundings came back to me. I saw the school. The store where I got caught by the janitor.

"There it is!" I yelled. He stopped the car and I jumped out to our home. The alley way between the movie theater and the bank. I smiled and ran to it finding our place a mess.

"Just as I left it." I looked to mom's bed. She was not there. Figures. She was never the person to stay put. I looked to my dusty bed and wiped off some of it. All of the foxes followed behind. I picked up a picture of me and mom. We were smiling.

"You look happy." Benzaiten said starring at it. I nodded.

"Yup. That was before mom got sick and we lost the house." I said with a smile. They all looked at me. I then heard a voice. It was a coughing old man. I looked behind me.

"Joe!" I yelled as I stood and tackled the homeless man. He looked at me. And then to my collar. He gave me a confused look. Then I smiled at him.

"Who are you?" asked the man. I smiled and punched him in the arm. I then pulled down the hood I have been wherein to show my fox ears.

"Susanoo!" he yelled. I smiled.

"Nice to see you Joe. Do you know where mom is?" I asked. He then looked sad. I looked at him confused. I knew something was wrong and part of me didn't want to know. What was I doing. Please. Please be kay mom.

"She. She died." he stuttered. My heart broke. Shattered to pieces. I slid to the ground. Mom was dead. She. She died. What could I do? What was I supposed to do? She was gone? She's gone and I wasn't their to help her. I slammed my hands on the floor.

"NO! She can't be gone. I'll prove it!" I yelled. Then black storm clouds swirled in the sky. Lightning danced around. I stood up crossed my arms in an 'X' around my chest and ran.

What was I running from? I just ran. Ran to the one place that I knew she would be. The tree. The tree that dad was buried at. I ran to it. Then I saw a heart wrenching sight. The tombstone I made for dad was not the only one their. Their was one next to it. I walked up to it. Mom. Mom's name was on it. She's dead. She's actually dead. How can -

"Susanoo!" I heard people call. I just sat there. Staring. Silent. They all called. They all were searching for me. Why? Why can't they just leave me here.

"Susanoo. There you are." Tsukuyomi and Raiden said as they came up behind me. Just leave me. Before I do something I regret.

"Leave me alone." I whispered. Tsukuyomi ame up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. I turned around and almost scratched her with my nails but, Raiden pushed her just far enough. He turned to me and growled.

"I know your angry but you leave Tsukuyomi alone." he growled. I stood.

"Then leave. Both of you." I said. They starred at me in concern. Tsukuyomi stood and pushed Raiden out of the way and she tackled me in a hug. I pushed her off digging my nails into her arms.

"I will not leave you here." she said. Then we fought. She never even tried to land a single blow. She looked focused on defense. Raiden Tackled me from behind trying to hold me down. I through him off and he hit the tree side.

I turned to him. He tried to hold me down. I slowly walked to him and right before I could land another scratch I was held down by many people. Amaterasu and Benzaiten held me down as Tsukuyomi checked on Raiden. I then felt a cold pain in the back of my neck. The pain ended soon after and I stopped as my breathing slowed.

"What did you do?" asked Benzaiten. Amaterasu held up another needle.

"Senbone needle to the pressure point in the back of the neck." she said. Tsukuyomi looked at me as I laid their motionless.

"Is she? You know." she asked worried.

"Don't worry. Her life is no in danger. She's just paralyzed. It will where off i the next few hours. It's like sleeping with your eyes open for a while. I'm not even sure if she can here us right now." she said examining my neck before slowly pulling out the needle.

"So now what?" asked Benzaiten. Amaterasu looked at me.

"We should take her back home for now. Let her dream for a while. Then when she wakes up we can decide what to do after that." Amaterasu stated.