Chapter 3: Tsukuyomi

Susanoo's P.O.V

The morning was usual except Benzaiten was the one to wake up the family while I just made the food. "Hey Fox." Ivan said. I looked over at him. "Dad told me for you to wash this bowl. Another fox is coming today." he said handing me a two large dog bowls." I nodded and took them from him.

I washed them and read the name that was freshly painted on it probably yesterday. "Tsukuyomi. Oh that was one of the names that Benzaiten mentioned. I wonder what happened to the other one. What was her name? Um." I said talking to myself.

"Ms. Amaterasu is still sick." said a young voice. I looked over to see a fox demon like me and Benzaiten but was very young. 6 perhaps. She had rust colored eyes like me and the end of her tail was a very pale yellow. Her hair and fur was a very light shade of orange. Her dress was as short as mine but showed less of her boobs. The top was held by fabric that went around her neck instead of straps. the top of her dress was light pink until you get to the waist. The waist down on her dress was dark pink along with a bow that was on where the strap started to go around her neck. No shoes was on her feet and she already had the chains around her ankles. (Media Pic)

"Oh no. I am sorry for ease dropping and speaking before I introduced myself. Please forgive me. My name is Tsukuyomi Kitsune and it is a plesure to meet you." she said bowing her head. I smiled. "You don't have to be so formal Tsukuyomi. Tsukuyomi huh. That's the Japanese god of the moon, My name id Susanoo." I said.

She thanked me and then Benzaiten came over. "Oh great. Your back Tsukuyomi. That's jut great." Benzaiten said. "Just leave her alone." I said. Benzaiten looked to me. "What was that Susanoo?" I put the bowls on the counter. "I said leave he alone." I said firmly staring into her eyes.

She grunted and walked away. I turned to Tsukuyomi. "Sorry Ms. Susanoo." she said. "I don't know why Ms. Benzaiten hates me." she finished. I patted her head. "She's just a jerk. I wouldn't worry about it to much. I don't mind her picking on me much but picking on someone as young as you is just rude." I told her. She nodded.

"MS. Amaterasu is sorry for not being able to come yet but she is still sick. I lost my fever today so I was able to come. She told me that she will be able to come soon though." she told me. I nodded. "SUSANOO!" Yelled the master. He came up to me.

"I see you have met Tsukuyomi. You will be in charge of her. I hold you accountable for anything she does wrong." he said. "Have her help you with the chores." he told me.

"Yes master." I said bowing. "She will be taking Benzaiten sleeping place in the basement. Benzaiten will be upstairs now." he said. "Yes master. I will make sure to get her spot set up." I said. He patted my head. "Good girl." he finished and walked away.

"You want to help me wash the dishes?" I asked she nodded. I washed and she dried. And then we made supper as we talked over things. When upper was done we did some laundry and washed more dishes. "Benzaiten came up with the scraps from the table.

"Your guys turn." she said as we both walked to the basement. She poured a little more for Tsukuyomi then she did me and left. She came back and filled our water. I ate the scraps out of the bowl like a dog while Tsukuyomi just stared at it.

"You better eat." I said pushing the bowl closer to her. "Were like their pets." she said. I gulped down some of the food. "You get used to it." I shrugged picking up a bread crust and putting it in my mouth before drinking some water.

"She picked up some chicken from her bowl and looked at it. "We have to eat like this. Not only that but once a day." she said. I nodded and sighed. In my compartment where i keep my books. I pulled out a can of tuna. "Here." I said giving it to her along with a fork.

"No. You eat it Ms. Susanoo." I shook my head. "I just keep it here for emergencies. You can have it. I'll eat the scraps." I said. She nodded. "Thank you." she said before I used my claw to open the can.

"No problem." We finished eating and did the rest of our chores before we went to bed. "You know how to read?" she asked eyeing my Harry Potter book. I nodded. "A little. My mom taught me how to sound out words before-" I stopped. She looked at me with a sad look.

"She died?" I shook my head. "I was stolen from her. She owed a debt to master and she can only get me back when she pays it off. We were a poor family due to my mom having lung cancer. We didn't have insurance and she lost all of our money in gambling games. Our dad left before I was born." I said clutching the locket around my neck.

"My mom and dad met each other in the army. My dad was a soldier and my mom was a field nurse. My mom hid that she got pregnant so she could spend time with dad in the field hospital. My dad died in battle and my mom was attacked when she was having me. I was born only shortly before my mom was killed." she told me.

"That terrible." I said. She shrugged. "I lived by myself on the streets for a while until I met Amaterasu. Eventually we were token in as slaves for a women. When she died we got sold to you guys. But at least in all of it I got to meet you and Amaterasu." She said smiling. I nodded and we both fell asleep.

------------------------------
Well now we know a sad back story to Tsukuyomi. I wonder what kind of back story does Benzaiten and Amaterasu have. Stay tuned for more chapters soon.