(OoW) Episode 18: Engagements

*Yang*

I stared at the plain looking room that where I would be taking the fourth trial. The mid-tier was more dab than I had imagined.

Biming hugged the table. "What do you think is taking our proctor so long? Wasn't the test supposed to begin already?"

"I thought you would be glad that it hasn't. You've been nervous all day," Kang said.

Biming let go of the table and flopped on the floor. "That's why I want it to start. The sooner it's over, the sooner this knot in my stomach subsides."

"You'll still need to wait for the results," Linqi said, snickering.

The blue-haired boy rubbed his stomach. "Why did you have to remind me?"

"Relax. You'll be alright. You have me after al-" My eyes widened. I felt a pressure in my chest as if something bad was happening.

"Are you alright, Yang?" Kang said. His eyes were focused on my hands which were pressing against my chest.

"Does your heart hurt?" Biming asked, sitting up.

Linqi gritted his teeth. "Did you accept food from a suspicious person?" he asked as he summoned a veil of anti-poison.

I shook my head. "It's not my heart but..." I gulped. "I have a bad feeling. It's Yin. I feel that he might be in trouble."

The boys' eyes widened.

"But he should be taking the exam right about now," Linqi said.

Biming lowered his head. "Maybe the trial was a dangerous one, or something went awry."

"Sorry for the wait," a voice called out. The four us directed our eyes to the entrance of the two-floor building where we had our exam. Floating several feet off the ground was my mom "Your test is about to start."

"Mom, why are you here?" I asked, standing up from my cushion. Does it have to do with Yin?

"I will be the one testing you four." She turned to look at Linqi and smiled. "Oh, I didn't expect to see you here too, Linqi."

Linqi smiled. "And I definately didn't expect to see you. I thought that I would get paired with my father."

"Wouldn't there be issues with that?" Kang asked.

"Well, obviously the school has no issue with they put Yang in the same team as her mom."

"Hey, Yang. Linqi said that you're engaged," Biming said, whispering into my ear. "Is that true?"

Kang turned over to look at me. "Engaged?" he blurted out.

I sighed. "Yes, it's true. Linqi is my future husband."

Kang and Biming looked down.

"Breaking hearts already?" Mama said, chuckling.

I felt my face grow red. "I'm doing no such thing!"

Mama gave me a toothy grin. "Don't play dumb. I am barely meeting these two and can already tell that they have feelings for you."

"I think the same," Linqi said, sighing.

"I do not," Kang said, crossing his arms. "It's more that your future wife has to respond to me after..."

Linqi raised an eyebrow. "After what?"