(Oow) Episode 14: The Third Trial

*Yin*

"Since this is a battle royale we should ally ourselves," Biming said as he looked around the small village that was the living quarters for us lowest ranked students.

"Die!" someone yelled. We heard a scream and that was the end of it.

"What was that?" I asked, looking left and right.

Biming stepped back. "Yin, perhaps it would be best to shield ourselves."

"Shield yourselves from what?" a girl said as she walked out of one of the shacks. Her white robes were covered in blood. She grimaced as she dropped to her knees.

"Are you alright?" I said. I walked over to her but Biming grabbed my arm. "Wait, this might be trap."

The girl grinned. "You're smart not to trust no one." She stared at her wound. "I trusted him...yet he betrayed me..." Tears ran down her blood covered face. "I...killed him, didn't I?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you know what our trial is? It's not like that of the higher ups."

I scanned the entire village. It was far too quiet. "Biming, let's protect her. I don't know about you but I think that we can trust her."

The girl's eyes widened. "What?"

Biming sighed. "You can do that if you want, but I will stand aside just in case."

I nodded and ran over to the girl. I covered her arm in water and healed her wound in the same way I had healed Xinyi's wounds.

"Better?" I asked, smiling.

The girl frowned. "To be helped by a guy..."

I laughed. "You aren't the only girl I've helped out as of late."

The girl's face became red. "Hmph. It's still embarrassing." She wiped away her tears. "I got to become stronger."

I wiped a forming tear away from her face. "It's fine to cry even if you're a girl, I won't judge."

The girl's face became redder. She pushed my hand away. "I can take care of myself!" Her icy blue eyes scanned the shacks. "Get ready."

Just as she warned, a group of seven girls emerged from behind the shacks and surrounded us. Each one pointed a blood-soaked weapon at us.

"This is bad," Biming said, gulping.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you boys," the girl said, jumping to her feet. She summoned a pudao and pointed it at one of the girls making up the seven. "Leave these boys alone! It's not good to pick on boys."

I scoffed and pushed her aside. "No thanks! I can protect myself." I ran at the seven with shards of metal surrounding me. "Xian Style: Jīnshǔ suìpiàn!" The shards spread out in all directions and slashes the seven before they could even react.

"Xian style?" one of the girls said. "But only members of the royal family can do that."

"Who is this boy?" the girl I had healed earlier asked as she stared at me in bewilderment.

Biming laughed. "This guy here is a member of the royal family. His name is Xian Yin."

"Is that so?" one of the seven said as she stood up. She withdrew a vial from her tattered robes. She snickered. "Never did I expect to go up against a Xian so soon, given my ranking."

I leered at the glowing liquid. I had seen it somewhere before. But where?

"Stand back! It might be explosive!" Biming yelled.