Chapter 25: cat videos

Start from the beginning

"There not even in the country

"There not even in the country..",Damian said. "Her father isn't well",Alfred added."the only treatment that isn't available in America and is only available in Sweden is..",Alfred figured. "ependymoma",Damian continued.
Authors note: it's a type of terminal brain cancer.

"Shit..",Damian said. "It's rare...maybe it's something else.""that's why she didn't want them to know she doesn't want them to stress out.",Alfred said. "Well to late for that the paparazzi ruined that for her",she will be all over every newspaper and news station by the morning.",Damian said fed up. Just as he was about continue Elena's phone starting making noises. It was her mom.

"I'll call her

"I'll call her.",Alfred said nervously. "No father should do it.", Damian said. "Good idea",Alfred said and they both got out of the car and walked into the hospital waiting room. Selina was sitting down with Bruce's jacket over her. She stood up when she saw Alfred and Damian. "What's happening now?",Damian said nervously. "Bruce went in to the doctor with her.",Selina said shivering. "When Bruce comes out I will take you home Ms. Kyle ",Alfred said noticing how cold she was . "I just hope she's okay..the doctor seemed worried when he saw her.",Selina said. Damian went blue. "Wait how worried? Is she gona be okay?",he said rubbing his hand through his hair. Realisation had hit Damian. This was happening. He hadn't been taking the situation that serious until now because he put everything together. Elena is seriously hurt. Her father is dying. Her mother is seeing this happening on live television at the other side of the world. Her father has seen that she's hurt. He's freaking out and that's the last thing he needs right now.
"Oh man....",Damian said. They all sat down. Elenas phone kept ringing. An hour later Bruce appeared. Damian ran up to him. "Can I see her?",he said. "Not yet Damian",Bruce replied. " the doc wants her to stay the night the ophthalmologist (eye doctor) will be here tomorrow morning.",Bruce said rubbing his eyes."Selina ill take you home and come back here",Bruce said putting his hands in his pocket.Damian lit up. "I'll stay with you father.",Damian said maturely. Bruce looked down at him and smirked. "You can stay until I drop Selina home",Bruce said."I'll stay the night as well",Damian added. Bruce sighed "I won't fight that commitment"Damian stood proud. " master Bruce I think you have a phone call to make ", Alfred said showing him the missed calls on Elena's phone. "Oh god I should",Bruce  said taking his phone out.
Bruce went down the hall while he was talking on the phone. Selina, Damian and Alfred all tried to ease drop
"She's doing fine."
"Of course"
"I'll stay the night with her"
"She's very polite"
"No trouble at all"
"Lola franklin attacked her.."
"No Elena tried to comfort Lola"
"Lola's father and mother have been arrested"
"Your in Sweden?"
Alfred and Damian looked at each other.
"Oh.."
"I'm so sorry to hear that"
"I hope he pulls through"
"Hehe I'll tell her that."
"Take your time"
"Okay I'm sure you have had a rough night"
"It was nice to speak to you too."
"Goodnight ms smith."
He put down the phone. "You guys knew didn't you", Bruce said to Damian and Alfred without looking up from his phone. They looked at each other. "Please tell me he's  still..",Alfred said."yes..he is.",Bruce said quickly. "I'm very confused..",Selina looked around. Bruce sighed "I'll explain in the car"
Bruce and Selina left and Alfred and Damian went to see Elena. They were surprised to see she wasn't in her room. "You sure this is her room?",Damian asked."221B that's what the nurse said",Alfred replied. Damian looked around. The hospital was relatively quiet and there was a few people in the hallways. Then there music. "What in the world",Alfred said.

The hospital went still. The music echoed through the hallways. The nurses and doctors and patients smiled at the sound of it. Damian followed the sound of the music. It brought him to the children's ward. The doorway had gathered with nurses and Damian looked through. Elena was playing to little children. Some were in wheelchairs others were connected to a drip but they were all smiling and a little girl was trying to dance around.
When Elena finished. Everyone clapped and the little children shouted and yelled with happiness. Elena did a professional bow and picked up the little girl who had been dancing and twirled her around. "Your pretty!",the little girl managed to get out through her laughter.Elena blushed she had forgotten that she was still wearing her dress and wedged heals."not as pretty as you little princess!",Elena said as she twirled her around again. Damian smiled at Elena as he saw how much the children idolised her and how much she reacted to them. Elena turned around and saw Damian. She paused. The little girl whispered something to Elena and she went read. He kinda jumped when he saw her full face. Her eye had been totally cover over with a white bandage and her nose had been stitched up but she was smiling. She hugged the kids and waved goodbye and she promised she would come back to visit again. Damian walked Elena back to her room and he put her jacket over her. They didn't really talk.

When they came back to the room and there was a bag on her bed."What the heck is this?",she looked in the bag. There was a pyjama T shirt and pants , toothbrush ,toothpaste and a note saying  get better soon and it was signed "SP" SPOILER Damian thought. She's good. Stephanie must have snuck in. "Sp? Who's sp? ",Elena questioned. "Must be a secret fan",Damian said nervously. "Well as much as I like the dress you got me which I really love I'm relieved I don't have to sleep in it"Elena said as she grabbed the bag and disappeared into the bathroom. Damian went red and walked out of the room. Wait where's Alfred?Damian thought. He looked around. No Alfred. Damn pennyworth your worse the pennyworth the cat why must you missing all the time?Damian thought as he looked around. He walked around the halls until he found Alfred speaking with an old man in a wheelchair. Alfred seemed to be interested in the old mans conversation and Damian could hear an English accent in his voice. Damian thought it would be best to leave him be. Damian decided to risk going back to Elena's room. But when he looked in the doorway she was lying on the bed looking at her phone. Probably texting her mother. Damian was wrong she was looking at cat videos. The minute Damian heard the meow he made a b line to her. "Wanna do a try not to laugh challenge?",she smirked at him. "I think I will win",Damian said remembering everything he has every done in his life. Elena moved over for Damian to sit beside her. Damian being  the awkward guy he is didn't know what to do. "My god I broke my nose and may be blind sit beside me and watch the cat video god dang it",Elena prompted him. Damian could see reason with that so he sat beside her on the bed. He admitted it was awkward at first but after 2 or 3 videos he was okay. Damian even let out a few laughs here and there.
It was about one in the morning and Bruce had come back. He may had made a few batman pitstops on the way back.  Alfred was still talking to the old man. When Bruce went to Elena's room he was surprised at what he saw. Damian and Elena asleep. Though the cat videos were still going. He smirked at the sight of Damian conked out beside Elena who was just as tired. But she was dosed up on painkillers so he expected that. Bruce successfully got the blanket from underneath them and on top of them with out waking them up. All Bruce could think about was Damian's reaction when he gets up.

Yay! I'm back! And as a gift, I give to you a longer then usual chapter!