Chapter 38. Lily's Past

Lily sat behind the furthest boulder away and hoped the man wouldn't find him. Neppa had already nipped away at him and Lily didn't get one hit on him. At this rate, everything would be going south. 

He had to make sure that he could stay hidden and figure out a plan to actually hit him. But, at the state he was in, he wasn't sure he could protect anyone, much less himself.

"My Queen," Lily knelt down on the red carpet. 

"My beloved...husband," The Queen smiled. He stood up and walked towards his love. Before him was his newly found daughter, Carla. White skin and he knew that she was the spitting image of his wife.

"I am glad you have come back, Carla learned how to use her wings," The Queen smiled. Lily cuddled Carla in his arms and lifted her up in the light through the sky light.

"My loveliest daughter, I can't wait until you've grown up," Lily laughed. Carla begun to laugh along with him and Lilly once again cuddled her with tears of joy.

"Now, now, I want to have a hug with my family, don't I?" The Queen asked. Lily laughed as he brought his wife into the hug. He couldn't be happier. Be head guard and the King, having a family and a perfect life. Nothing could ever go wrong.

"What? Earth Land needs us?" The Queen asked in shock. "That foolish land hadn't asked for our help in centuries! Why are they asking now!" She demanded.

"They have a new threat that could rip the dimension apart. The Dragon has risen and he can't fall back, my highness. We beg of you, come up with a solution," A knight said.

"I see, I shall talk to my husband and the others," The Queen said. The Knight bowed before leaving.

"What should we do, Panther?" The Queen cried. Many ways of saving the lands below them came to mind but the only possible solution would be devastating.

"No, we can't," The Queen cried after looking at her husband's face. Lily let out tears as he looked out at his child. 

"We need to do it, what shall I do to make you do it," Lily said in a panic. This would have been the first fight they had.

"I want you...I want you to with them..." She cried.

She was exiling her love from the Kingdom of Exceeds.

"You want me to do what!" He yelled at her, "You know what, at least I'll know you'll be safe," He wiped a tear.

The day came where it was time to go to the other world. "Okay, Lily, it's okay for children to go through the gate, but for you, we had to make many things to protect you. We cannot guarantee that you'll be the same, drink it," The priest said.

Lily took it and took it in one go. He looked back to see his family once before he left and to be never seen again by them.

He could see his wife at the front of the crowd, trying to look calm. Nichiya was crying with his long headed friend. He waved a salute as a sign of bye, before going out to the portal. He knew he was going to be alone enough and broke apart.

The only plan of action he could do know with this type of enemy was to just strike. Lily ran out before Neppa and let out a war cry from his old home. He used the sword swiftly and made sure most of the acid didn't hit him. 

He struck the sword on Neppa's head and struck him in the stomach hit his foot. Neppa fell back on his back.

Lily sunk his sword into both his legs.