Chapter 5. Princess Wendy Of Fiore

"See you, Luce," Natsu said before riding away on his horse. Lucy sighed before going back to the castle. Lucy didn't know that having a job in the castle would have her living there. She walked into her small room and lay on the bed. 

There was a knock on the door and answered the door. A little girl walked in. She had dark blue hair and brown eyes. Her hair was in pigtails and flowed all the way down the ground. Lucy sat up and said, "Princess Wendy! I didn't expect you to come!". Wendy silently sat on her bed.

"My brother seemed to take a liking to you, I want to know what! Tell me about yourself and I'll tell you stuff about me," She stated. She had an innocent smile on. She was the youngest and the only princess in the Dragneel family. Lucy had heard her magic was the wind, Sky Dragon Slayer. 

"This is the place?" Natsu asked as he stopped the horse. Gray and Erza nodded. "It is me, Second Prince of Fiore, Natsu! Let me in, that is an order!" Natsu yelled out. Natsu watched as one of the windows opened in the fort and showed a young man. 

"Coming your highness!" He said before running all the way down. The gates opened and Natsu couldn't see any guards protecting the area.

"So, why are the positions changed?" Natsu asked the young man. The man jolted upwards and begun to sweat.

"That's the problem, sir! They're all injured! There's something out there that keeps injuring the soldiers. We called in multiple doctors to heal the men but they keep having mysterious blades cut into them and falls from the tower!" He said with a straight back.

"Let me in," Natsu said. The man guiltily opened the gates for them and let them into the main hall. He could see multiple men lying on the floor and groaning. 

"I have an idea, we could get your sister, Wendy!" Erza said to Natsu. Natsu shivered and clutched onto himself for warmth. He hadn't noticed that the area had become cold.

"Great idea! Gray, go get her! If you happen to see Lucy, get her too, she could help!" Natsu said to him.

"Or is it because you want to see her face again, Pyro?" Gray smirked. He liked to tease his best friend, even if it does cause him to risk his job, or even his life.

"Go get her!"

"She has to come?" Wendy groaned.

"Wendy, why are you being so rude!" Gray said to her in between his teeth.

"Because we have nothing in common and it sounds like she's insulting us!" Wendy whispered to him.

"Sorry, Lucy! She isn't always like this but do you want to come?" Gray asked her. 

"Sure, I don't see any reason I can't go," Lucy said. Lucy could feel a cold glare directed towards her and she couldn't help but think it was Wendy.

"Well, hop on! Wendy, get your horse out and Lucy will ride with me, if that's okay," Gray asked her. 

"Sure, I don't how to ride a horse, let alone even go near it!" Lucy laughed it out. Gray laughed along. 

"Mmm!" Wendy choked out after retrieving her horse. "What's so funny about anything? This girl has no sense of humour!" Wendy growled. Gray gulped before pulling on the reigns of the horse.

"Forgetting someone?" Lucy yelled out.

"Er, um, sorry!"

"Natsu, they're back!" Erza yelled from the roof tops. Natsu walked over beside her and watched them ride through the horizon. "And there fighting?" Erza wondered. As they neared, she could hear cries of protest and hatred. 

"You three shut it!" Erza yelled from above. The horse stopped and they all looked up.

"It's not my fault, this brat thinks she could be rude to Lucy!" Gray yelled.

"Eh? Why is it my fault all of a sudden?" Wendy asked. All of a sudden, yells bursts out and Natsu dropped from the tower on the floor and watched the whole thing fold out. He could see Lucy just staying quiet and trying to get off the horse. Natsu smiled as he walked over to her. The yells seemed to quiet down as he helped her.

"I still don't get it..." Wendy muttered. Natsu seemed to hear her and he glared at her.

"Wendy, get inside, go help the people!" Erza said. Wendy jumped off the horse with ease and ran inside in a flash. 

"She's fast," Lucy muttered.

"She's one with the wind, what did you do to make her hate you?" Natsu laughed.

"I got no idea!" Lucy shook her head. 

"Well, you can help us! Angel powers have some sort of healing powers, you and Wendy can have shifts," Natsu said to her.

"Sure thing! But, I don't want you getting hurt! When we travelled here, Gray told me about everything in between the yells," Lucy said.

"I can't leave, it's not worth going outside if you get hurt by that guy out there," Natsu said.

"It will be worth it if you're alive," Lucy said.

"She's right you know, you can't think about her only, think about the people who love you, if you get murdered in there," Gray said. It was the first advisable thing Lucy had heard from Gray to Natsu.