Chapter 1. Poison

"Prince Sting, it is time for you to find your queen! You have been eighteen for a while now, and you need to find a bride as soon as possible!" Prince Sting's assistant, Rogue, told him. Sting was in his bedroom, on his phone.

"I've heard you for the eighteenth time! You go find me one, you are meant to be my friend, aren't you?"

"It sometimes feels you're making me do the dirty work," Rogue mumbled to himself. 

"What was that?" Sting glared at him, look away from his phone. His blond locks of hair, covering his eyes.

"Nothing, I should get going," Rogue sighed and started to walk out the door. Sting looked back at his phone and smirked, knowing what kind of girl he would bring back.

"Hello, sir, er, you can um..." Lucy said after opening the door. Rogue looked down at his arms and noticed his dark aura was still around his hand. He looked back at Lucy and unlit it. 

"Lucy, you have a great honour, you know," Rogue said to her. Lucy looked at him and gestured him to sit down. Rogue shook his head.

"What kind of honour do you mean, Rogue?" Lucy asked him. 

"You have been ordered by the Royal Court to come to the kingdom and become the fiance of Prince Sting," Rogue sighed.

"..."

"I know, It's unbelievable, but you were the only one I could think of! But, if you wish, you could run and I'd give an excuse to him," Rogue said.

"Thank you, Rogue, I'd miss you," Lucy said as he left the room. It was only yesterday that she had a great day with all her friends and the best day of work. She sighed and looked back into her house.

Lucy jumped out of the carriage that took her into the carriage and looked at the sky. It was dark and she noticed there was no signal to call anyone. She walked through the trees and sighed. She looked at her phone and searched through the nearest internet hotspots and hoped one of them belonged to someone. She raised her eyes brows when she noticed a house only a few feet away. Who was she kidding? There wasn't going to be a random house, that was a fairy tale thing. "Wow, I guess I was wrong, there is a house," Lucy said to herself. She knocked on the door continuously, waiting for an answer. 

"Nothing, but it's dark and I need to sleep. I might just shut my..."

Lucy woke up with sudden shouting from across the trees. She looked towards the forest and couldn't make out any figures. "Natsu, you oaf, watch where you're going!" A yell came. Lucy could see a boy jumping through the trees. "That wasn't too graceful..." Lucy whispered to herself. The boy grabbed his foot and hissed in pain. 

"Natsu, look at what you've done! You're hurt, I knew it, we shouldn't have come!" A red head said. Lucy looked at her hair and noticed her hair was the colour of a rose and bright scarlet. Another boy ran after her, must have been the first voice. 

"I'm fine, but, tell the blonde behind me to stop," Natsu smirked. Lucy stopped in her place and gulped. The raven haired boy helped 'Natsu' up and turned him to face her. "Tell me, what are you doing here?" 

"I just left my kingdom and needed to go to a new one. The carriage wouldn't take me any further and the house was empty and I, er, fell asleep! Are you okay, I mean, your arm?" Lucy asked. She rummaged through her bag and took out a roll of bandages.

"Put that down, how do I not know that you haven't put some kind of poison on it? Trust isn't just given, it's earned," Natsu reminded her. Lucy sighed and put the bandages down. Natsu raised his eyebrows as she took out a book.

"What the heck are you doing!?!" Natsu yelled. Lucy looked back at him.

"Like you said, trust is earned. And since I don't know how to earn your trust, I don't intend to earn it. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to see you again, am I? Anyways, if this house belongs to you, I am sorry. I should be going." Lucy said. 

"This idiot didn't mean what he said. Come on in, and heal him, please. Anyways, you're right, you don't know him and we don't know you, we can't judge you," The lady said. 

"Thanks, well, I guess you know my name from Gray shouting!" Natsu laughed. "Well, the dumby drooling is Gray Fullbuster and red head is Erza Scarlet," Natsu said.

"Well, since you're being so nice, maybe I should say my name, Lucy," She said.

"Last name?" Natsu asked. 

"You're quite nosey, look it up on facebook or something!" Lucy laughed. Gray headed towards the door and looked down. Lucy or Natsu couldn't see who was at the door. Gray picked up something from the ground and placed it on the table.

"I see someone has a secret admirer," Gray snickered. 

"Not so much as a secret," Lucy scowled as she looked at the basket full of roses. She guessed Rogue told Prince Sting all about her before anything about marriage.

"From Prince Sting..." Erza mumbled.

"Prince Sting!" Natsu yelled, "I should have known, that idiot. Whatever he wants is what he gets..." 

"All the neighbouring countries even know how stupid he is," Lucy groaned. She noticed some sweets next to the basket. She picked it up and looked at it. "This has gone bad, it has no use anymore," Lucy whispered. Natsu looked at her and stood up from his chair. Lucy noticed how quickly he had recovered from his injury. He walked over and ate the sweet from her hand.

"How unmannered of you Natsu," Gray said to Natsu. Natsu chocked down the sweet before speaking.

"Shut up, Erza, why didn't you do something?" Natsu said.

"Because it was entertaining," Erza said.

Natsu looked back at Lucy held onto the stairs. 

"Don't eat the sweets,"