Chapter 3. I Want To Be In Your Team

"I guess I need to find a job," Lucy told Erza. Lucy had rented a house with the money she had left. 7,000 jewels it was. Erza sat on her bed, inspecting the room. She took a bite of her famous strawberry cake and moaned in delight. 

"What about a librarian? You are smart and you love your books!" Erza laughed. 

"No, doesn't pay for much," Lucy said.

"What were you before you came here?" Erza asked.

"I was a writer but as you guessed, I would have quit," Lucy said. She sat down beside Erza and lay down.

"I can imagine how boring that must have been!" Erza said.

"Anyways, what are you?" Lucy asked for inspirations.

"Like Gray, Natsu's attendant and advisor," Erza said.

"I can't do that, either! Too hard, what can I do?" Lucy asked.

"You could become part of the Royal court? Ours is different from others. Instead of just the royal family, staff comes in. Gray and I are allowed in since we are his advisors so we can speak when we want. 

"I see, how do I get in?" Lucy asked.

"You have to show how special you are. Like Natsu, he's the Prince! Or Levy, you'll meet her and she's the smartest girl alive!" Erza laughed.

"Well, I do have something but I doubt it's special. I bet half the world has the same thing as me!" Lucy sighed.

"What?" Erza asked her. Lucy sat back up and took out her fist.

"Angelic magic and another one, something I can't say for now," Lucy said.

"I understand, but no one has two types of magic, except for Gray! He has maker magic and Devil Slayer Magic. You have an Angel's power! That enough would get you to become captain of an army!" Erza said.

"Really, I thought it was dumb luck!" Lucy laughed.

"Well, you can get ready for the interview, I'll sign you up for one in a few days," Erza said before eating away at her cake.

"A few days!" Lucy said alarmed. 

"Yeah, you said you're lucky, Lucy Lucy! Anyways, I can help you!" Erza said.

"Halt, who are you?" The palace guards asked Lucy.

"I'm Lucy," She said slowly.

"Last name?" One of the guards asked.

"Aren't you just nosey," Lucy teased. 

"Okay! You're in! The prince had told us that you'd be coming!" The Guard said.

"Talking about me?" Natsu asked from behind.

"You're highness!" Natsu jumped off the gates and onto the floor. 

"You were outside?" Lucy asked him. 

"Yeah, I got bored and wanted some fresh air," Natsu told her. 

"I get it, I get that way all the time!" Lucy laughed. The guards loosened up after seeing the two talking and not noticing they were even there in the first place.

"Were you looking for me?" Natsu asked.

"Actually, yeah! I wanted to tell you...er..." Natsu walked past the gates with her and she hadn't even noticed it yet. 

"Tell me what?" Natsu asked.

"That I'll be joining your team! You know, the Royal Court? Erza told me about it and I think she knows that I'll get in, giving me three days and all," Lucy muttered.

"Three days?" Natsu wondered. "I see, Erza has a lot of faith in you! Let's see, angelic powers and something you won't tell us," Natsu said.

"How do you know that?!?" Lucy asked immediately. 

"Erza told me about your magic but not the court thing" Natsu laughed.

"I see, well, I wanted you to help me with the interview since Erza's too busy," Lucy said. Natsu stopped walking and paused her from taking another step. Lucy couldn't see anything that would need stopping for.

"I'll help you if it doesn't affect you getting in, like disqualification or something like that," Natsu said. 

"I won't ask you for that much! Just to tell me what they expect and a stencil for what I should do," Lucy said to him. Natsu nodded and begun to walk again.

"I'd love to help you back in my room but that would be too distracting or inapropriate, well, something like that!" Natsu laughed.

"I get it, we can do it here! The flower garden here is amazing!" Lucy said as she stared down at the little petals of the flowers. 

"You wait here, I'll go get us something to eat and drink," Natsu whispered. Lucy nodded and walked around the little garden. Lucy noticed a splash of blue amongst the pretty flowers and walked over to it. She could see a small girl crouching and picking up flowers in her basket. 

"Oh, I didn't see you there! What's your name?" The girl asked. She had an orange headband and had a small smile on her.

"Lucy, what's yours?" Lucy asked as she crouched down and stared at the flowers in the basket.

"Levy McGarden! You're the prince's friend, aren't you? He talks about you a lot!" Levy laughed.

"Natsu talks about you too, you're his friend! And there are others, but they're not here with you," Lucy said. "Uh!" Lucy gasped as she saw a book on the floor. She picked it up and read the title.

"I love this book!" Lucy gushed. Levy looked at the book and back at the girl!

"Me too! I didn't take you as a fellow book lover!" Levy said to her. Lucy could hear footsteps behind her and turn around.

"I heard your voice, you seem to have met Levy!" Natsu grinned.

"Yeah, she's amazing! I can tell why you like her so much!" Levy winked at him. Natsu face flushed red and turned around.

"Natsu, are you okay?" Lucy asked as she got up. She dusted herself and Levy got up as well. Natsu turned back around after calming himself down.

"Yeah, Levy, you can go back inside, tell the others we might have another member soon!" Natsu said. Levy raised her eyebrows and then shrugged. She bent down and took the basket and book from Lucy and ran back inside. 

"You have very good friends," Lucy smiled at him. Natsu nodded and sat down on the steps with him.

"Yeah, they're all great! Well, enough about them, more about you! They'll expect you to be quick and formal, the head has a lot of time and doesn't like his time wasted. You might as well do something with a lot than something that takes a long time!" Natsu said to her.

"I understand, maybe I could show them my strongest spell?" Lucy wondered.

"Yes, if it's too distructive, I'll tell them to do your interview outside the gates," Natsu said.

"When I meant strongest, I could do both mentally and physically!" Lucy giggled. Natsu stared at her as she stood up.

"I want to be in your team, I need you,"