Chapter 7. Gajeel Redfox

The shaggy-haired man sat in the quiet cave and watched the sparks fly from the fire. He could see shady figures from the distance and he stood silently outside the cave. "I've noticed you're dangerously close to killing my army," Natsu said to him.

"Arrest me if you want, I only get paid," The man said. The others paused in front of him, and they didn't draw out their swords or their magic powers. 

"Not here to arrest you, just to see what your master wants," Gray said to him. He flinched in surprise and sighed.

"Only to get rid of that fort, never told me the reason, though." The man said.

"Okay, then. Come with us, you're hired," Erza said.

"What the?" He asked.

"Your name?"

"Gajeel Redfox, why?" Gajeel asked.

"Just follow the damn woman!" Natsu said, worried. Gajeel sighed before walking with them. Gajeel couldn't understand why the Second Prince Of Fiore wanted him to be with ihm on his team, he had heard it takes a lot to even get near him. But, he had also heard about a peasant girl who stays with him.

"I guess, I now know why Natsu likes you," Wendy said from behind Lucy. It was early in the morning and the others were asleep. 

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked.

"I'll only tell you half of it! Last night, I heard you talking with Natsu, you're easy to talk to. When Natsu first got Erza, she would always call him by his title," Wendy said, "He likes you a lot and I should grow to as well! You never even called him 'Prince Natsu' once, and it's only been two weeks!" Wendy said.

"I don't like to use people's titles or even care what they are, people are all equal," Lucy said with a slight smile playing on her lips.

"That what my brother wants, you're exactly what he wants," Wendy said.

"Wendy~!" A voice growled from behind.

"I guess that was too much info!" Wendy said worriedly. There stood her brother, with his face red from both anger and embarrassment. 

"That was! How dare yo--"

"Why are you talking to your sister like that?" Erza asked after yawning. Natsu calmed down and put his cheek on the cold stone.

"Ack! Too dusty!" Natsu sneezed.

"Yeah, well, all the soldiers are ready," A man walked down.

"Who are you?" Wendy and Lucy asked in unison. They looked at each other and laughed. 

"The person who injured everyone, and my new bodyguard," Natsu grinned.

"We found this oaf last night in a cave," Gray laughed. Lucy could imagine him grilling a fish over the fire and having the time of his life. 

"What is she thinking," Gajeel asked Erza. He leant towards her with a confused face.

"The same thing he's thinking," Erza used her thumb to point at Natsu. He had a line of drool coming from his mouth.

"That's very disgusting," Gray yelled in his ear. Natsu jumped in surprise and wiped the drool from his chin.

"What? I wasn't drooling you perv!" Natsu said awkwardly.

"I never said anything, you idiot!" Gray smirked. 

"Knock it off," Erza's voice ringed through the room and had scared everyone. She wasn't very loud but it was somewhere between a growl and pure hatred.

"Aye sir!" Natsu saluted.

"Aren't you meant to be the brave prince?" Lucy teased him. Natsu looked at her and smiled.

"Well, maybe I should step down for a while and be like one of you," He joked. Lucy served him his breakfast and he ate everything in one go. "That's amazing! Wendy, did you make this?" Natsu asked her.

"No," Wendy shook her head, "It was Lucy, I was making food for the men," Wendy said. Natsu looked over at Lucy as she ate her toast.

"Why are you having so little to eat?" Natsu asked her.

"You lot need all the food you can get, and there wasn't enough in the pantry, the next shipment is in a month! So, I decided I won't eat as much," Lucy said.

"That's very nice of you..." Natsu murmured.

"She can hear you, Romeo," Gajeel teased.

"I have half a mind to fire you right here, right now!" Natsu yelled at him.

"They should be coming back now," Levy told her friend. "They even took Lucy," She laughed.

"Yeah, I heard! The guards at the gates keep gushing over how much of a co--"

"They're here!" Levy said as she watched down. Lucy was riding behind a man she never seen before. Natsu was the one riding a white horse as well as Wendy. Their horses stood out of all the horses they were riding back.

"As I was saying,"

"Not now, I have to go back to work! My break is over," Levy sighed. Her friend grumbled before walking away. 

"Natsu, look at the guards," Erza pointed.

"Their stations changed," Natsu said to himself. He swung his head down and heard the door shut. Lucy had just left for her room and Gray had escorted her. "Gajeel, stay in my office," Natsu said to him.

"Huh, why?" Gajeel asked. Natsu bawled his fists together and scowled, walking with Erza.

"It's because, my brother is back,"