Chapter 21.

Max flashed his eyes open to see that he was laying on the floor from were he was sleeping. Am I back to normal? Max sat up and saw Mark leaning over his small desk, looking at himself in the mirror. He messed with and waved parts of his hair to the side and tried to fix the collar of his polo he wore.

Nope . . . Max doubted. It's Sunday. Again.

Max sat up and stared at his brother as Mark turned around with a smile. "Enjoy your nap?" Mark teased.

"Yup . . ." Max states and looks to the side, "Sure did . . ."

Mark grinned and waved for Max to follow him. Max stood up and followed his brother out of their bedroom.

As they walked out from their room, Lauren was right behind them from coming out from their room.

"Looks like Lauren went full on girly!" Mark teased.

"Shut it." Lauren said as she slapped Mark's shoulder.

Max stayed quiet as he walked with his siblings. This is my second time doing this . . . Please. Please. Please, be the last.

Max remember the small mark on his wrist as he lifted it up and looked down to see two black tally marks on his wrist. Second time.

As he continued to walk down the hallway with his siblings, he saw Mathew sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

"Hey dad." Lauren frowned, as she tugged at the bottom of her dress.

Mathew sat up and closed the magazine and places it beside him, "Ready to go?"

"Yup." Mark grinned.

This my third time, two tally's.

Third.

Second?

Which time is it? Max questioned to himself.

Mathew got up from the couch and walked towards the front door, "Come on." He waved.

Lauren and Mark follow behind Mathew, yet Max was silent. He was the only one experiencing and noticing this endless loop. Would he be stuck in the same day forever?

. . .

          Max was quiet the whole car ride to church. He contemplated what's been going on. Nobody had seemed to change. Which means nobody noticed.

He was by himself.

Alone.

. . .

          During church, Max memorized everything that the preacher had said. Even though each time, he noticed that he changed his words around, but it was basically the same thing.

Each time, he saw the same people, in the same seats. He basically memorized where everyone sat.

Ceremony's over.

Max got up from the seat and opened the door that led off to the aisle.

The church doors are near.

He continued to walk down the aisle way and saw the same people laughing. Kids singing Christmas carols.

The doors.

He was inching closer and closer to the doors. Those heavy doors . . . made his head pound.

Please. Please, please. Be over.

Max pushed on the heavy door and held it open for the rest of his family.

The doors.

He walked outside, prepared for the impact of the head pounding and his body giving up on him, pining him to the ground.

He felt the warmth of the sun above him as he walked outside.

He was ready. Ready to fall. Ready to faint.

But . . .

He kept walking.

What's happening?

I didn't faint?

Max continued to walk and he stood up straight. His vision was as fine as an eagle's.

He saw Mathew's truck in the distance. Nothing's happening. Max kept going, so confused.

He finally made it to Mathew's truck. He reached for the door handle, but then, it struct.

His vision started to sway, along with his legs. No! No!

Max fell to his knees and tried to hold himself up with the door handle. But he lost his strength and fell onto the dirt. He fell hard to his side and looked up from the ground.

He saw Lauren running up towards him with the same worried expression as before.

So . . .close  . . . He thought as his vision went black.

Again.