Chapter 33.

Madoka looked up to see that the sky seemed to have gotten much darker from what she last saw. She looked to the side to see a bunch of houses. Some looked familiar but she wasn't sure.

She slowly her walking down and scanned all the houses.

As she continued to walk, she heard some other footsteps behind her, other than her own.

She looked back to see an unfamiliar old man behind her. Maybe I could ask him to help me.

Madoka fully turned around and saw that the man looked extremely elderly. Why is he out here by himself?

The man looked at her, his hands shoved in his pockets of his light brown shorts. He stared at her for a few and stopped right in front of her.

"Can I help you?" The old man said.

Madoka was a bit surprised. The man looked a bit old and yet his voice was really strong, almost like he was in his 50's.

"Um," Madoka cleared her throat, "I'm trying to find my friends, by any chance do you know Max and Mark Lescavo?" She asked.

The man smirked, "I do." He said, Madoka smiled. "I'm heading there right now, why don't we go together?"

Madoka nodded, "Okay, lead the way."

The old man walked in front of her as Madoka jumped up beside him. She didn't think that coincidently the man and her were going to the same house, but it could be anyone. Maybe Max's grandfather?

The old man and Madoka rarely walked that much before he stopped in front of a light blue house. Madoka looked up to see the house rooms had a few lights on.

"Is this it?" She asks out of curiosity.

"Yup." He smiled as he walked up and rang the doorbell.

They heard some shouts from inside before the font door swung open: Lauren.

Lauren looked a bit confused on who the man was, but brought her eyes over to Madoka. Lauren was a bit surprised to see her, mainly from what happened with Max, Darlene and Madoka.

She slowly walked over and wrapped her arms around Madoka, sorrily.

Madoka smiles as she hugged her back. She looked up to see Mathew standing in the doorway, eyeing down the old man.

"Max!" He shouted, "I think there's someone here for you!" He says as he turns his head slightly towards the inside of his house, but still has his eyes cornered at the old man.

Max ran down the hallway before looking into the doorway. He first saw Madoka and Lauren hugging and then brought himself to see the old man: Walter.

Madoka finally let go of Lauren as she quickly explained why she's here. Lauren tugged her past "Walter" and looked over at Max. "Don't bother us, she has a story to tell," Lauren demanded as she eyes down Max and brought Madoka down the hallway towards her room.

Max took a step forward and looked up at Walter. He looked back down at Max, his back straight and a grin on his face. "Shall we talk?" Walter smirks, "You're probably flooded with questions."

Mathew looks back at Max, still standing through the doorway, but eventually moves. He knew that Max had done some investigating and that he needs and wants to do this. He knew that it was important to him.

Max smiled at Mathew before walking next to Walter. "I have a place where we can go for about an hour, if that's okay with Mathew." He smirks.