Chapter 43.

It had been so long since I've had a normal life. After the demons have corrupted the world itself, it has been hard to do normal things.

I wait outside on the same bench I've been sitting on for the rest of my life.

I up the newspaper from the ground with a bunch of red and orange leaves around it.

It was old.

Scientists arrested and killed.

Can't believe I actually thought I could help. And after all this time, I just grew old and now I'm almost finished.

I then see my slightly older brother walking down the sidewalk with a smile on his face. He held his same old crane in hand as he hurried himself over towards me.
He finally reached me and sat down with a grunt.

He looked down at my empty side of the bench and cocked his eyebrow, "What's that for?" He asks.

"Oh," I said, picking up the letter next to my leg, "It's just a letter."

"I can obviously see that," my brother said sarcastically. "Who's it for?"

"It's for the people in the future, Mark," I said, "I'm going to tell them to stay away from all this nonsense." I smiled.

Mark set a hand on my shoulder and smiled back at me, "Good choice," he said as he dropped his hand down and stared off to the rest of the small city. "What we did was very foolish."

"Foolish indeed." Max said as he lifted up the letter to the sky and let it go, drifting in the soft breeze.

"Why'd you do that?" Mark exclaimed.

"It's an easier way to pass the letter," I laughed.

"Max, you're an idiot," Mark chuckled, and I laughed back.

I really hope that since I can't go out and tell people to forget about it myself, that they'll just figure it out themselves.

I'm too old. Older than him. That old man.

That silly old man.