Poor Michael

Chapter 18:

-Andrea-

She froze. She couldn't believe what she heard and it was too hard to process. Calum's three little words overwhelmed her heart and mind. Andrea felt dizzy and knew she needed to act quick.

She smashes her lips back into his, forgetting what he said and continuing their motions.

"Andrea say something," Calum moans as his lips are still locked with her.

"I-I think we should go back and help my mum clean up," she breaths the words out quickly as she pulls away from his touch.

"You know, I better get going. I uhh, I'll text you?"

And he was gone in an instant. Andrea watched Calum quickly and nervously race to his car and drive off.

She wasn't sure what else she should've said. Surely he didn't expect her to say it back. They've only been hanging out for a couple of weeks. Love is out of the question.

He's delusional, Andrea say in her mind, trying not to make herself feel bad for letting him run off.

But the concept sits on her mind and consumes her thoughts. It makes her wonder what love really feels like and how would she know when she has it.

She makes her way home and lays on her bed to think. The quiet overwhelms her so she blasts music to fill the empty space. Her mother didn't ask any questions. She never does. And Andrea just stopped caring about her relationship with her mum.

But a real relationship. With Calum. What would that be like? What would that feel like? She thinks.

"Andy," she hears her mother say as she knocks on the door to her room.

"Yeah mum, come in."

Her mum enters her yellow-painted room and looks around at the scene, almost as if it was a foreign space to her.

"I just wanted to tell you I have another business trip. I understand that I just came back but my boss called and said this is urgent for our company. We could explains our industry and he is trusting me on this. I am really sorry Andy but I shouldn't be long."

Andrea stares at her blankly, not really knowing what to say. This happens every time and you'd think Andrea would be used to it by now, but despite her blank face, her heart breaks just a little bit more.

The people with the most strongest hearts still have a vulnerable piece to them. And for Andrea, it was her mum. She tries to act casual with her but it hurts to not have a good connection with the woman who raised her. It hurts her to be so alone without even her family by her side.

"It's fine mum, I understand," she finally responds and continues staring at the ceiling. "When do you leave?"

"Monday afternoon."

-Calum-

"Michael, I did something stupid."

"Okay....what's new?" He asks teasingly. After the dinner with Andrea I immediately drove down to Mikey's. I know that I love her but now I'm questioning if I should've told her or not.

"Can you be serious for at least .2 seconds?" I ask him, rolling my eyes at his remark.

"Umm....no. No I cannot. Sorry about it," he shrugs with a mischievous grin.

"Mikey, I-I told her I love her."

"WHAT THE HELL! HOW COULD YOU MESS WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT!"

"Mike-"

"IM SERIOUS! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! WHAT ABOUT US?"

*********************************

A/N:

*you don't have to read the A/N if you don't want to*

so here's what's going on...

i've been overwhelmed lately. for some of you that's all the explanation you need to somewhat understand how i feel but for others it may not seem like a big deal so i'm going to explain.

i've been pushed to limits that are hard to bare physically and mentally can have me break down.

i'm worn out and i try not to get stressed but that's not something that i can just stop. i'm busy and i wish i have 32 hours in one day because then maybe i'd have more time to write these chapters.

and lastly, i'm filled with excuses and i feel horrible about it. i'm sorry for not updating but also i'm getting less and less reads. i'm sure a lot of you are busy with school and don't have time to read a crappy story like mine and i understand that but i still feel bad for not updating and i'm sorry.

i always have these big ideas for this book and i had a sequel and trilogy planned but times like this make me question if i'll realistically be able to do it.

for now, i'll try my hardest to finish the book and i am sorry.

besides that, please smile and have a great day.

~ but_whylove

'tis the season...