You're Invited

Chapter 1:

-Andrea-

It's Thursday night. Andrea gets all of her homework done and still has time left before she's willing to sleep. She lays in her bed with her headphones in, thinking about what she should do the next day. She's been craving a change. Something different. But what? What could possibly be different then all that's she's been exposed to?

She's seen it all it feels like. She's drifted from one group to the next all throughout high school. It's the early age of her senior year and at this point, what could possibly be different than all she's experienced? Although she does not know the answer, she's desperate to find it.

As she thinks, her phone vibrates. She received a text from a girl she "knows" at school.

YOU'RE INVITED!!!
Party at my place this Friday. Text me back for the address if you're going!
-Seniors Only-

Another party. Of course. She thinks to herself, mentally rolling her eyes. When is there not a party?

Andrea accepts but this time gets a different feeling inside of her. This, hopefully, is where she'll find something different.

-Calum-

Michael came over to Calum's house for a night of homework and another jam session. They mess around and like to write songs and play whatever comes to their mind.

As they're going through another round of singing and strumming, both Calum and Michael simultaneously get a text.

YOU'RE INVITED!!!
Party at my place this Friday. Text me back for the address if you're going!
-Seniors Only-

"Wanna go to the party tomorrow?" Michael asks him.

"Sure." Calum agrees, then adds, "it's not like we have anything else going on." He shrugs and gives a quiet, breathy laugh at his own words.

It's true. They don't really have much planned for their weekends. They live average teenage lives and not very eventful ones. After all, the rest of their night will contain of another jam session and a couple rounds of FIFA. Looking at Calum and Michael, you immediately think "average teen" but as you stick around them a little longer, even if it's just for a second more than a glance, there's something so different and genuinely intriguing about these two. Especially about Calum. But it's hard to put a finger on it. It's definitely unexplainable. But that right there is what makes him so interesting.

Calum wants his last year of high school to be fun and memorable. He doesn't want a change of heart and personality, he just wants to do more than FIFA. He wants to make memories with his best friend Michael. He wants to experience more. Do things he's never dared to try or even think about. He wants an adventure, even if it's short lived. But he doesn't know where to find it.

"A penny for your thoughts, mate?" Michael asks Cal, concerned for his best friend. He knows what thoughts have been running through Calum's mind and the silence only makes the situation more awkward. Michael knows Calum all too well; more than Calum would ever admit. He doesn't want to push Calum into having a serious conversation but if Calum is ready to talk, Michael will always be by his side.

"I was j-" Calum feels as though he could spend hours talking about his feelings. After all, he has in the past. But tonight, they're enjoying each other's company, not ranting about the sob story they call their life. "I was just thinking about how I'm gunna kick your ass in another game of FIFA." Calum laughs off his thoughts and the boys go for another round.

But there has to be more thrill in life than just this.

**********************************

A/N:

So that was chapter one!

Kinda short but sweet :) I really hoped you enjoyed it. It's not really long because it's more of an intro to the characters. But this book will soon start to pick up the pace and hopefully you enjoy it!!!

Vote, Comment, AND KEEP READING!

If you haven't yet, add this to your library/reading list

~ but_whylove

XO