A Change Of Plans

There's an important A/N at the bottom. Please read.

Chapter 13:

-Andrea-

"Are you sure about this?" Andrea asks to clarify. Her and Calum had finally figured out a solution. He had called Mali-Koa and the two of them made a plan for Saturday and Calum has convinced Andrea that it will be the second best night of her life. According to him the first best was when he took her to the mini concerts.

She was wary about trusting him considering he won't even tell her what exactly they're doing. But for some reason, she's going along without any complaints. Andrea isn't a difficult person. She's very upfront, fun, and easy going. So was Calum. She liked how they seemed so different but parts of them were the same. It made things more interesting that way.

"Of course I'm sure," Calum reassures her, flashing a smile to set her at ease. "It'll be fun."

Andrea nodded when hearing that last sentence and sighed, hoping in the end all is well. She felt nervous for some reason and that scared her. She's not a worrisome person.

"If you want," Calum speaks up. "You can stay over tomorrow night...we might get home late." His face was colored with a light pink hue but Andrea could tell he was trying to hide his nervousness as well as she was. She thought it was cute and smiled at his actions.

"We'll see," she answers teasingly.

-

It was finally time. Andrea can hear Calum knocking on her front door and she yells at her mom to not answer it. She combs through her hair one last time and glances in the mirror to verify her look.

She was definitely bold; everything about her said so. From her lipstick color to her shoe choice. Andrea knew who she was and what she wanted but for some reason she had doubts. Shaking away the thought, she runs downstairs to open the door up for Calum.

"So how long have you and Andy known each other?" Andrea hears coming from the kitchen. She wasn't even fully down the stairs but immediately recognizes her mother's voice and prays she is not talking to Calum. Unfortunately for Andrea, she is.

"Um, mum. I said I'll be right down, you didn't have to get the door." Andrea comments, walking in the room. She didn't notice Calum staring at her in awe, too busy confronting her mother.

"Andrea please be polite. I was just talking to your friend here. You didn't tell me you were going out tonight."

"Yeah...sorry about that. Umm, we really have to get going."

"It was really nice meeting you Ms. Wright," Calum adds, shaking her hand and smiling charmingly.

"Oh my pleasure, love. Sorry we couldn't talk much. Actually, would you like to come over, let's say.....next Saturday? For dinner?"

Panic overwhelmed Andrea. She wasn't sure how she felt about a whole evening with both Calum and her mother but she tried not to be rude and show any shock.

Calum examines Andrea's face but could clearly not make out her expression. He looks back to her mother one last time, who is perkier than ever.

"S-sure," he stutters, shrugging a little. "I'd love to."

"Perfect! Just keep in touch with Andy for any additional information." Her mum adds before the two exit the house.