It Was Not a Giggle

Chapter 2:

-Andrea-

Andrea walks into school with her typical independent, confident, look. Due to her restless night of wondering thoughts and pounding music in her ears, she overslept and is now walking into school late.

Ehh, who cares if I'm late? It's a Friday. She thinks to herself. It's her final year of high school, nobody has much care at this point.

She enters the office to pick up her tardy slip and across the way, she notices a certain tall, brunette boy with sunglasses and black skinny jeans. A certain tall, brunette named Calum. Calum Hood.

He was different. She thought as she examined all of his features.

Andrea hasn't talked to Calum since the third grade when she practically invited half of her class to her birthday pool party. She's never taken much of a notice to him since then. After third grade girls got the hormonal, "your body's developing" talk and boys like Calum kept a lower profile, still adjusting to their voice crack.

But there's something different about him today. Something that stood out to Andrea as she glanced at him. Maybe what stood out was his new outgoingness he's trying to build, or maybe her openness to new things is what helped her spot him. Whatever it was, Andrea was drawn to him. She looked at him with much curiosity and to her surprise, his eyes flickered towards her and stayed there, looking at her with the same curiosity.

-Calum-

Tired from a long night of hanging out with Michael, Calum and him had both overslept. They had marched into the office to pick up their tardy slips and as they were talking to one of the receptionist, Calum gets side tracked and quickly shifts his gaze behind him. His eyes almost immediately meet those of a girl named Andrea Wright.

On a typical day, he would instantly and nervously shift his gaze away from her, trying to act as if their eyes never met, but not today. No, for today he's trying to leave his comfort zone. Today and the rest of his high school experience he's going to be daring and confident. He didn't turn away from her because today is not a typical day.

Andrea purposefully walks by Calum and even as she sways her body past him, she still turns her head slightly to look at him.

"Hey Calum," she says in a bold and entrancing matter. Something about her voice was so angelic and it had Calum's heart beating harder than it ever has before.

Calum hesitated for a brief moment. He knew he had to make a move and quick. Out of a natural instinct he would get flustered or maybe even blush but instead, he winks at her.

He couldn't believe that he had done that. It happened so naturally as if it was something he had always done to girls. The most foreign of gestures came so swiftly to him and he could not even begin to believe it. But he enjoyed it.

He enjoyed the feeling it left him. The pride and courage that had built inside him was something he hadn't ever experienced but he liked it. He liked that he noticed her blushing as opposed to him.

Andrea whips her head around and continues walking away but they both knew that this encounter was not the end. It couldn't be. They couldn't let this small transaction go unnoticed, without another word to follow. It just couldn't be the end. And they won't let it.

-

"Hey Mike, can you hurry?" It's after school and the boys are over at Mikey's house, getting ready for the party.

"What's the rush?" Michael smirks at Calum, who happens to be nervously pacing the room. Calum wants to get to the party-in hopes of Andrea being there-and he doesn't understand why Michael is taking 15 extra minutes just to pick out the right band tee.

"I-I...uh" Calum doesn't know how to respond. He didn't tell Mike about how his little encounter with Andrea has him going wild inside. He should probably let him know, and he will eventually, but judging by the smirk worn on Michael's face, he probably already knows.

"You, what?" Michael mocks. "Wanna go see if the chic from the attendance office this morning is there?" His smirk grew even more devilish and Calum cannot contain the embarrassment that flushes over him.

"Come on, mate!" Mikey chuckles, hitting Calum softly on his back. "Don't think I didn't hear her giggle a hi to you!"

"She didn't giggle." Calum defends, remembering the smug look on her face when she said his name.

"Whatever. Point is, you have a thing for her. So I'm going to help you get laid." Calum's eyes widen at the thought. He's not a virgin but he's not the smash and dash type either. Especially not at a party while they'll both probably be drunk.

"I, uh, I don't think so..." His voice drifts, still thinking about Michael's offer.

"Loosen up Cal. Get laid or not, that's your choice. But you definitely have a thing for her. And if you want her to notice you back, then let me help you!"

Calum considers his friend's offer for a little longer before sighing and taking a seat. "I'm listening." Calum says and Michael's smile fills with mischief. Calum hopes he won't regret this. Getting laid isn't exactly a top priority for him but knowing Michael, that's probably what this little plan will lead to.

"Okay, so first things first,"

**********************************

A/N

So was this chapter enjoyable??

I hope so!

Vote and Comment!!!

Please tell me if you're liking it so far

Lately I've been obsessing over Breaking Benjamin and Kings of Leon :))))))

Tbh I have the next two chapters completed and half of the following one :)) have a wonderful day/night

~ but_whylove

!