Prologue I

Long ago, before magic even made its first spark, there was shinobi, otherwise known as ninjas. Shinobi were very powerful, deadly, cunning, and many times, ruthless. They strike down their enemies way before their enemies even know what had hit them. They ruled all of the Elemental Nations, divided and living in their own regions. They thrived, lived in peace and harmony. But war broke out and a all powerful goddess named Kaguya Otsutsuki, the mother of all chakra was revived. The war devastated the land and the people. Many shinobi fighting in the war lost their lives. The war caused great sorrow, grief, hatred, pain and death. A brave, powerful ninja by the name of Naruto Uzumaki manages to seal away the goddess forever, thus ending the war. But at the cost of his own life.

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Naruto and Hinata watched in horror as they watched Neji plummet to the ground after being brutally stabbed by the Ten Tail's deadly wood projectiles.

   Naruto rushed over to Neji and picked him up, holding onto him tightly. Naruto looked around, searching the battlefield for the medical team. Neji rested his chin on Naruto's shoulder. Already on death's doorsteps.

   "Medics! Where are you!? We have a critical injury here! Hurry!" Naruto shouted frantically, despair in his voice

  "No....I'm going...to die," Neji said bluntly, accepting his fate. 

"Neji," Naruto muttered. 

"Nii-san!" Hinata said sadly.

  "Naruto...Lady Hinata...is willing to die for you. So, you hold...more than...one life in your hands. And it seems...my life too...may have been...one of them." Neji said, looking at the crying Hinata with a warm smile.

   "Why? Why did you do this here? Why would you go so far for me? Even give up your life. You were going to change the Hyuuga!" Naruto asked tearfully.

  "Because...you called me a genius," Neji answered. Naruto scrunched his eyes as tears streamed down his face.

   "Before I die, Naruto....take my Byakugan," Neji uttered.