Chapter Nine: I Hope For The Best

CHAPTER NINE: I HOPE FOR THE BEST

When I went back to the hospital next day, I ran over and hugged my dad like there was no tomorrow! My dad was going to be okay, that's what the doctor said. When I was hugging my dad, the doctor than looked at his x-rays and said he had a small piece of the bullet, that somebody attempted to shoot, heading toward his heart, and if he didn't do anything quickly he could possibly well you know. I backed up as the doctor was trying to do everything they can to save him. As my dad and my finger tips touch, trying to not to let go, the doctors were pulling me away. I ran into my moms arms crying, as my mom kept repeating, " It's going to be okay." All I wanted for my dad was to be okay!

When I went to dance class I did not want anybody to see my cry but I felt like that is all I could do at that moment. When I walked in I walked up to the instructor and said that I don't feel good and need to go to the bathroom, when I walked into the bathroom I looked into the mirror and started crying, then I called my mom and said it was just to painful to stay here with no one comforting me. My mom said okay and she drove up here and picked me up.

The next day the hospital called and my mom answered and when she hung up she didn't say a word and walked upstairs and didn't talk for the rest of the night.