• Ch 26 Visiting An Old Friend •

Severus Snape was walking so determinedly across the grounds of Hogwarts that he did not once look behind him to see if anyone was following him.

Which, as it so happened, someone was—me.

Strictly speaking, I was supposed to be locked up in the Hospital Wing, confined to my bed and merely staring out in longing upon the winter scene, rather than interacting with it. But over a week spent in these circumstances had left me, a Ravenclaw, in a very dangerous state—that of boredom.

I had tried several times before, all unsuccessfully, to sneak past Madam Pomfrey's watchful gaze out of the Hospital Wing and to the library, to provide myself an occupation. But each time I had never made it so far as the corridor outside the Hospital Wing, where I was always foiled by either a faculty member or my own anxieties.

However, the circumstances that day made themselves most opportune, and when I saw Severus outside, looking rather purposeful, I was filled with the motive to finally leave the Hospital Wing, and even the castle—and see just what the dear Potions Master was doing outside the castle on a stormy January afternoon.

I had grabbed my wand, conjured a pair of boots, and set out, not once being stopped on my trek out of the castle—not by staff, not by pain, and not by myself. I hurried to catch up with Severus, who was then nearing the gates at the entrance of the grounds, and, mere seconds before he Apparated, I grabbed hold of his cloak, and followed him to a destination unknown.

When we appeared in this new location, I fell over from the act of Apparition—even though it was not I who had actually performed it—fortunately being caught by Severus before I could hit the ground (although a thick blanket of snow was awaiting me to break my fall, had Severus not been quick enough).

"What the devil are you doing here?"

I looked up at Severus, whose arms were firmly on my shoulders. Using Severus as a support, I managed to stand up, not quite letting go of Severus's arm after doing so, in fear of falling once again.

"I was in the Hospital Wing, and saw you walking the grounds. I was bored and fancied a stroll, and Madam Pomfrey was out, so I followed you. I didn't know you know be leaving Hogwarts..." I said candidly, surveying my surroundings. It was not stormy here, as it was at Hogwarts, but it was still windy. There was a small, traditional church, in front of which we were almost directly stood; I caught sight of several homes with similar styles but their own unique touches, and small shops for purchasing groceries, or flowers, or hardware—all to the left of the church. "Where exactly are we?"

"I see you haven't learnt your lesson, even after the incident in the Forbidden Forest, which landed you in the Hospital Wing in the first place..." said Severus, giving me a curious look. He didn't seem angry, which was odd—rather, he seemed almost...sad.

"I'm grateful for the events which occurred in the Forest."

"If you are wishing it upon yourself to be cursed again, I will tell you now that it will not be of my doing, so I suggest you stalk another."

"You know that's not what I mean." I said, and then convulsing from the cold wintry winds which blew into my face, sprouting pinpricks all over my exposed skin—for I was still in my dressing gown from the Hospital Wing, and the ankle boots which I had quickly conjured. This did not go unnoticed by Severus, and he shed his black cloak and offered it to me. I graciously accepted it.