• Ch 3 Good Day •

I wasn't very excited to go to Potions, seeing as I didn't much like the professor. Ava and I headed down into the dungeons towards the Potions classroom. "Do you trust me?" I asked Ava. "Yes. Not completely, but I know that you're trustworthy." she replied. "Are you trustworthy?" I asked. "I would hope so. You've known me for six years." "Right. I have something to tell you after Potions, then." I said. "Alright."

We walked into Potions and felt the temperature drop about twenty degrees. I was shaking heavily. "Are you alright?" Ava asked, concerned. "Y-yeah, I'm f-f-fine." "Are there any blankets in here?" she laughed, "Here, take my robe." "I'm f-fine, r-really." I said, shaking like a Chihuahua. "You are not! You will wear my robe and you will not take it off!" she ordered. When I hesitated, she exclaimed, "You look like a Chihuahua! Amarina, come on."

I laughed, and pulled on her robe over mine. I was still shaking, just not as much. "You still look cold! Did you grow up in the Sahara Desert?" she joked. "They actually have very cold nights there," I informed. Ava stuck her tongue out at me; I rolled my eyes. The rest of the Ravenclaws came in, followed by the Gryffindors.

Once everyone took a seat, a professor clad in black robes came in and swiftly walked to the front of the classroom. Ava and I were at the table in the very front; this is where the action happens. When Ava saw the professor's face, she shrieked. "What?" I whispered. "He looks exactly like the professor from Shay's description! Look!" she whisper-shouted at me. I looked at the professor and a lightbulb went on. He's the professor from the train.

I laughed at Ava's fear. "He's fine, I met him on the train." I whispered. She stared at my shaking self and shrugged. "I do not quite expect many, if any, of you to be able to perform the art of potion-making." said Professor Snape dramatically, "But first, we must make introductions, seeing as my previous class made me out as rude for not doing so. I am Professor Severus Snape, your new Hogwarts Potions Master and Head of the Slytherin House. Since you are all children and have the emotional stability of a flobberworm, I will- I can't believe I'm actually saying this- help you, should you need it.

"I have the instructions on the board, or you can read them in your book. The ingredients are in that cupboard-" -he pointed to a cupboard- "You have until the end of this class period, starting now." Ava went to the cupboard, retrieved the ingredients and brought them back to our desk. I opened my textbook and turned to the appropriate page.

I followed the instructions for the most part. However, I did improve the potion a bit, scribbling my changes onto a sheet of parchment. Ava decided to just go along with my changes, luckily. Soon, our potion was finished, and Professor Snape came over to us when he saw we weren't working. "Have you finished your potion yet?" he asked us. "Yes, professor." I said smiling. He inspected our potion and finally said, "It looks correct. Bottle it up and put it at my desk, Miss Kelly." "Yes, sir," I said.

I walked up to Professor Snape's desk with the potion bottle. "Here you are, Professor," I said, handing it to him. I walked back to the desk shortly before Professor Snape announced that time was up and to bottle up the potions. "I will hand out your class rules on a sheet of parchment, in case you can't memorize them from being told once." he said. Everyone bottled up their potions, put their names on them and handed them in. The bell sounded, dismissing the students.

"Wait just a minute, Miss Kelly." I heard Professor Snape say as I was halfway across the classroom. "Yes, Professor?" I asked, turning around as the remaining students exited the classroom. "What did you do with your potion?" he asked. "I...made a few adjustments." I said. Oh no, I completely ruined it! And now Ava will get a T because of me! It's all my fault! "It's all my fault; Ava wouldn't have ruined it like I did were she brewing it alone!"

"Calm down, Miss Kelly, you did not ruin the potion. You did the best in the class. I am asking you why you made the adjustments." he said. "I...thought it would enhance the potion. The first time, a few years ago, I accidentally added something to a potion and it made it better." I said, shivering. "Why is it so cold down here, professor?" "I'll ask the questions, Miss Kelly." I started to walk off when he called after me, "Oh, and...good day." Good day?