• Ch 6 Letters to Lily •

The next day Ava and I were checked out of the Hospital Wing, seeing as we had been equipped with vision overnight. The first thing we did was head over to the Great Hall for breakfast. At breakfast, I looked up at the Staff Table, over to where Snape was sitting. I was going to dig up some dirt on him, I thought, Snape and Cecil both.

After breakfast we headed straight for Potions. Today was Friday, meaning that had Double Potions. Once we entered Snape's classroom, I wasn't shaking as badly as I was last time. "Did you make it warmer in here?" I asked in shock. "Yes, last time you were about to faint. I take it that your frail self can't handle much." I was so surprised that Snape was capable of doing something nice that I didn't even take offense for being called frail.

He returned to writing on the chalkboard when the students began to flood in. Once the bell sounded, he gave everyone their potion back with a letter grade on it. I looked at our vial, which on it was written 'O'. A Gryffindor girl was boasting to a Ravenclaw about how she got the best grade, 'A', when Snape told everyone the grading scale and the girl shut up. He then announced the potion we would be brewing today. I flipped my Potions book to the appropriate page and sent Ava to get the ingredients.

After she returned, I began to brew the potion. Yes, I did happen to make adjustments to the potion, too. Once we finished I brought the vial up to Snape's desk. He looked at the potion, and scowled. "Miss Kelly, I'm afraid that you'll have to see me after class again." he said angrily. A few of the students sniggered. This was the first potion of mine that had gone wrong this year, and so he embarrassed me in front of my peers? My blood boiled with anger. I returned to the worktable to talk to Ava. "I'm sorry," I said. "I thought that the extra Doxy egg would help." "It's alright. But next time we're going by the book." Ava said.

After class, I stayed behind to talk to Snape. He made sure that every student was out of earshot before speaking. "I was going to write to my friend, but I can't. I don't know what to say." he said, his voice much softer than normal. "I'm surprised that you're seeking my help, of all people." I said coldly. He groaned.

"Just do it." he said, gritting his teeth. I could tell that he hated having to ask for my help. "Do what?" I asked innocently. I wanted him to admit he needed my help. "I need your help." I smiled. "Much better."

"So, will you?" he asked impatiently. "You do realize that you're asking a sixteen year-old for advice on romance, right?" I asked, laughing. "Well you told me to tell Lily how I feel!" he said, exasperated.

That name rang a bell. "Lily Evans? As in, Head Girl Lily Evans when I was a Second Year?" "That's the one." Snape said as if he had gone over this a million times, although this was the first mention of her name. "Alright, I'll help you write a letter to Lily." I sighed. "But you have to stop being so rude." Snape glared at me. I raised my eyebrows. "Fine, I won't be as rude to you." I smiled.

"But you'll help me?" he asked. "Yes, I'll help you, Professor." "Alright: What do I do first?"

"Well, first of all you should find a nice parchment. Maybe scent it with her favorite scent? Or better yet, a lily." I laughed at my own stupid joke. Snape moaned and said, "What do I write?" "Just take out a quill, dip it in ink, think of how you feel about Lily and convert your thoughts into a letter to her." I said, "I'm sure your thoughts will just spill out once the quill is in your hand." "I knew I shouldn't have asked for your help." he said.

"Just try it." Snape pulled out ink, parchment and a quill. He stared at the parchment blankly. "Go on," I said. He took his eyes off the parchment to narrow his eyes at me.

He looked like he suddenly found inspiration and began scribbling something down on the parchment. When he realized I was still in the room, he stopped writing to look at me. "You are dismissed."

"Good-bye, Professor. Oh, and let me read the letter before you send it to her." I said. "What makes you think I would allow a dunderhead like yourself to read my personal letters?" Snape snapped. "In case it's incredibly stupid," I said. "Ten points from Gryffindor." he said passively. "Professor, I'm a Ravenclaw. We went over this." "Ten points from Ravenclaw as well."

Halfway through the door, I remembered the whole reason he had called me after class. Turning around in the doorframe, I said, "Sir? What was wrong with my potion?" He looked up. "What?" "My potion." I repeated. "Nothing." he said monotonously.

*   *   *

"So, you survived." Ava said once I had returned to the common room. "What took so long?" "I'm helping Snape with his love life." I said. "You're dating?" she whisper-shouted.

"I'm sixteen, Ava. And he's Snape. He's sad because the girl he fancies hates him so I told him to tell her how he felt about her but apparently she's married and has a child. But he's writing a letter with my guidance and professional opinion as a girl." I informed. Ava laughed. "Wow. Um, alright. I'll take your word for it. How's that going?" "Well, he kicked me out but I told him to let me read it. Maybe he'll follow through."

A/N: We're almost out of the old chapters! Gah! I hope you're enjoying this so far!