• Ch 8 The First Attempt •

When I returned to the dormitory, Aura was already awake. I changed into Muggle clothes, feeling quite pleased with myself. I had broken through the cold exterior of Snape- or Severus, since we're now friends. Friends. We're friends! I can't believe it. He's not half-bad. Aura noticed my giddiness and looked at me, her eyes leaking of suspicion. "Why're you so happy, Am?" she asked. "I've a friend!" I said, smiling. She laughed. "Of course you do. And you've more than one- we're all your friend in this dorm. We went over this last year." Aura said. I shrugged. We waited until the others were awake, and headed down to breakfast.

After breakfast, I walked with Ava away from the others. "Okay! Let's go in Cecil's office together, and I'll ask her about homework. While I'm doing that, you scare her familiar. Then we'll look through her desk." I said. Ava looked impressed. "That didn't take long to come up with. Alright, it's go-time!"

We adventured to Cecil's office. I gestured for Ava to not on the door. She shook her head. Why are we doing this again? I postponed knocking on the door. Ava grew impatient with me, and did it herself. Cecil answered the door, glaring down at us. I shrunk back, so Ava sighed and said, "Hello Professor! Lovely day, isn't it?"

"What do you want?" Ava continued chatting, but Cecil wouldn't budge from the doorway. So, Ava quickly wrapped up the chat. As Ava was saying "Have a nice day!", Cecil slammed the door in her face. "Well, that didn't go as planned." she said. Our first attempt had failed.

As we were walking to the library, we ran into Sage's fellow Ravenclaw Prefect, Noah Arnold. "Noah! My favorite Ravenclaw! How's it going?" Ava said, slinging her arm around Noah's shoulder. Noah removed her arm from his shoulder and said, "What d'you want from me this time?"

"You see, we need to get in Professor Cecil's office for personal reasons, and you need to distract her while Amarina and I sneak in through the window." Has she gone mad? Cecil's office is on the third floor! "I am going to scare her familiar so she chases it around. Just make sure she doesn't see us." Ava finished. "Why am I doing this again?" Noah asked.

"Why wouldn't you?" Ava stood up for Noah when he was bullied, so they're good friends. However, that makes Noah think that it's okay for Ava to control him. I've tried to tell Noah that he didn't have to listen to Ava, but he seemed quite happy doing so, so I let him be.

Ava led me out of the castle and towards the Quidditch pitch. "Av! We're supposed to be going into Cecil's window, remember?" I said. "We are. But we have to get brooms first." Ava said. So that's how we're getting in the window. Sometimes I wonder why I'm in Ravenclaw.

We flew our brooms outside Cecil's window. "She's not even in her office," Ava said. She started to open the window when I suddenly saw something.

"Av!" I yelled in horror. "Yes, Am? I'm right here. You don't have to yell in my ear." she said. "Yeah, yeah, silence your old-lady-like self. There's someone in the chair!" Ava looked for herself. "Don't be ridiculous, that can't be a person. Who could possibly be that shor-"

Just then, the person in the chair stood up and started to turn around. "Down! Down!" I yelled. Once we landed, I said, "That was Professor Flitwick's office!" Ava sheepishly grinned.

We were sitting by the Lake when an angry Noah approached us. "Hello," Ava said. "Where were you? I was stuck talking to Professor Cecil for forty-five minutes!" he said. Ava and I started laughing. "We tried to go into the wrong office," I said. Noah sighed, muttered something about how Ravenclaws weren't bright these days, and joined us.

A/N: And here she is! Our first chapter from this year! Hope you like the new chapters!