Chp. 10 "Good Guys and Bad Guys"

Start from the beginning

Blaine looked at Max and debated internally whether or not he should tell us, but eventually broke under our stares. “Ok, there’s a bad agency run by the government, Federal Protection and Security, the F.P.S. Then there is the P.B.S.B, Protection Bureau for Supernatural Beings. They come to the rescue whenever one of us are in trouble and need to get out of sight again. There’s this sort of war between the two, a secret war… Have you heard about the Sanguinea Influenza?”

I suddenly felt a bit confused, “The what?”

“The BD3 disease?”

Max seemed to tune back into the conversation, “Yes, the disease they haven’t found a cure for… what’s that have to do with the agencies?”

Blaine regained his breath before continuing, “The good agency, P.B.S.B., they’re searching for a cure, a real cure. I was lucky enough to help them gain a lot of ground in the search for one… problem is they can’t find another Healer.”

I nodded, “But technically I am one now, because of you.”

He nodded in agreement, “Yes, and if you find them Andy you can save a lot of lives, but the journey is a dangerous path to follow.” Max and I were hanging onto every word that came out of his mouth, too afraid to miss anything. He continued, “There are Snitches, people who are acting as if they are searching for the P.B.S.B. when in reality they’re working for the corrupted government agency, the F.P.S.”

I sighed heavily, feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of this information that I was currently gathering. I pressed forward, “Ok, so what’s the big deal with the F.P.S. people?”

“They’re frauds, pretending to be with the P.B.S.B. when in reality they’re trying to kidnap healers and try to find a way to give any person the Healing ability… Do you know how dangerous that is?”

I took in the information and tried to process. There were people out there trying to save the world and then there were people out there trying to continue to corrupt it… and there seemed to be a fine line between them. The P.B.S.B, or the Good guys, are trying to find a cure for this disease and protect super beings like Max, Blaine, and I. Then there were the Bad guys, F.P.S., who were trying to kidnap the Healers so they could mutilate our DNA and possibly be able to give the ability to anyone who wants it…

Everything was so confusing.

“Ok, so you said you were captured?”

He sucked in a sharp breath and nodded, “Yea… by the F.P.S.”

He seemed as if he really didn’t want to talk about it but I needed to know what the big deal with this agency was. I questioned, “What exactly did they… do?”

His eyes glazed over as if he was in a completely different place, his eye twitching either from pain or some bad memories. He began to speak, “They tortured me, put me through every kind of test they could possibly think of… I’m a Healer, I can heal from any wound, and they wanted to make sure I would survive everything.”