☆ I... like you ☆

Chapter 25: I... like you

Seven popped a strawberry into Jumin's mouth, thoughts from the incident an hour ago still clouding their minds.

"Do you think he'll tell anyone?"

The redhead asked after a while, popping another strawberry into his own mouth.

"Maybe."

Jumin shrugged, signing one of the many proposals that were lying on his desk.

Seven clicked his tongue.

"We can't really give anything as an excuse."

He gazed up at the ceiling, thinking hard for an explanation of some sort to come to his mind.

The shorter boy groaned.

"I can't think of anything."

He said finally, turning back to Jumin.

The business corporate blinked.

"After all, we're just friends, right?"

The black-haired man asked, a small hint of pain in his voice.

Seven looked at him, a little shocked himself.

Just... friends...

What a painful way to put it.

The redhead bit his bottom lip, his hand reaching out to grab another strawberry.

"Yeah."

He choked out, and his voice cracked as the word ended.

Seven averted his gaze from Jumin, and both of their hearts were conflicted.

Seven knew he had some sort of feelings for Jumin.

He named it a 'crush', like the other did.

But the real problem really was that none of them were opening their mouths and saying it.

Not even Jumin.

Seven was hesitant about sharing his feelings from the start, so this much wasn't much of a surprise.

But That, along with the fact that there was a possibility - to Jumin - that Seven didn't like him in a romantic way, made the black-haired man lose even more hope.

Does Seven not have feelings at all or does he just not want to say it?

Even if he does, he wouldn't say it.

But if I ask, there's the risk that he doesn't have feelings for me.

Things like this held Jumin back.

To him, there was a border between them, and certain things he wouldn't dare to do to Seven, because of the sole fact that the latter didn't have feelings for him.

That the latter didn't have Romantic feelings for him.

And sure, it did make his chest hurt, but he didn't want to break the friendship they presently had, along with his own heart.

But somewhere, you just have to come out and say it and take the risk.

Right?

Jumin took a deep breath.

And so he decided to ask simply and instead influence Seven into saying what he felt, instead of the other way around.

"Hey, Seven... What do you think of me?"

He asked, now expertly hiding how nervous he actually was.

The redhead turned a little red at the question.

"Well... as I said, you know. You're someone I feel safe with, and I can tell you things that I usually can't tell other people."

The shorter boy paused, foraging through memories in his head.

"I feel warm in your arms, and you make me feel special."

Seven's eyes shone for a moment.

"You spoil me, and pamper me... The things you do make me happy that somebody in this world cares for me. I also really like your voice."

He turned shyly to Jumin, a gentle smile on his face, the expression filled with simplicity.

"I enjoy being with you the Most."

Seven grinned.

And Jumin felt it.

This guy... he likes me.

As far as I know, with all these genuine and heartfelt feelings combined, he likes me.

I know it's complicated in his heart and the door to it has a dozen different locks...

... But right now, I want to force that door open no matter how long it might take, and let myself be known to him.

Jumin grabbed Seven by the shoulders, his heart pounding in his chest.

"I... like you."

He looked up slowly at the red-faced boy, hands shaking a little.

"Do you... do you like me, too?"

He asked, even though he was about completely sure that the redhead liked him back.

Of course there was still a little doubt in him, but now that he had said it - his own feelings, let known to Seven himself - there wasn't any time left to doubt.

The shorter boy blinked a few times, the words Jumin uttered floating in his mind and making him blush.

"I-I..."

Seven turned away to hide his face.

"I like you, too..."

He murmured, just loud enough for Jumin to hear.

And when he turned back shyly, he realized that the businessman's face was equally red.

The reality of the situation had taken its own, sweet time to sink in, making them more and more embarassed by the seconds.

Then Jumin spoke up, his gaze still refusing to meet Seven's.

"Then, do you want to...

... date?"