☆ Thrown Out ☆

Chapter 20: Thrown Out

Ah, man, yesterday's lunch was good.

Jumin sighed, walking over to take a seat behind his desk.

I arrived on time today, so the letter should be here in-

The door swung open, and the businessman looked up, expecting to see his assistant, but it wasn't her.

"Seven?"

He exclaimed in surprise, staring at the drenched figure in front of him.

The redhead shivered, cold from the rain which soaked his clothes and hair.

He slowly pulled out a clean, dry letter from his jacket pocket.

"Today's letter..."

He muttered, taking small steps over to Jumin's desk, hair still dripping wet.

The black-haired man sat there, speechless, before getting up from his seat, leaving the letter on his desk, and making his way to a small cupboard that stored pretty much spare clothes for himself.

Opening the cupboard, he took out a fluffy cat-eared hoodie that he had never used before, which was initially custom-made for Elizabeth 3rd, but turned out to be way too big for a cat, although probably perfect for Seven.

Apparently the manufacturer had thought that the hoodie was to be made for a person instead of a cat.

He walked over to the redhead, whose eyes widened slightly when he pulled off the latter's rain-drenched jacket, and then his shirt.

Then Jumin pulled the fluffy, white hoodie onto Seven and went out to ask Jaehee to hang up the redhead's soaked clothes.

And of course, once that was done, he returned to his office, where Seven stood confused and a little shocked.

Jumin sighed, throwing a light blue towel onto the shorter boy's head and gently drying his hair with it.

"So, what happened?"

He asked, admiring the boy's glossy red hair.

"I got thrown out by Vanderwood."

The redhead muttered, eyes downcast.

"He said to finish my work in two days, because I was lazing at home too much. Two days is when the deadline is."

Seven finished, sneezing after which.

Oh, gosh. He sneezes like a kitten.

Jumin blinked, cheeks pink from the blush dusting over them.

"O-oh."

He stuttered, blinking a few times before a thought crossed his mind.

"I have a pair of black pants in the cupboard. Change into it, okay?"

He asked, at which the shorter boy nodded obediently.

Jumin sighed.

"And it's okay if you let your shoes dry and just wear your socks in the office."

He said, indirectly asking for the redhead to just wear socks for a good reason.

So in a few minutes, Seven's shoes were up drying, and he had changed into a pair of dry, black pants, which were seemingly a little too big for him.

But Jumin didn't have another pair, so he said that as long as they didn't drop, it was okay for him to wear them.

And then it was time to address another important matter.

"So, where will you be staying?"

Jumin asked, pulling up the hood of Seven's hoodie such that the redhead now appeared to have fluffy, white cat ears.

The shorter boy sniffed, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand.

"I dunno."

He said quietly, eyes still fixated on the carpeted floor of the businessman's office.

Jumin sighed.

"And how are you supposed to do your work?"

He asked, checking that the redhead was now wearing completely dry clothes.

"I have my computer."

Seven replied, holding up a wet plastic bag, which had his laptop dry and safe inside.

Jumin blinked.

Okay, but if I were him, I would've carried the laptop under my arm and used the plastic bag to cover myself, at least.

Idiot.

The businessman sighed once again.

"Are you planning on standing there for the rest of the day?"

He raised an eyebrow, and the redhead in front of him shrugged.

"I can sit on the floor, I guess."

The shorter boy offered, walking over to a space where he could supposely-

"No, you're not."

Jumin shook his head, grabbing the boy's arm and tugging him all the way until they had reached his desk.

Then the businessman sat down in his usual place, and patted his lap.

"You'll sit here."

He said, a little sternly.

Then he pulled Seven onto his lap, such that the latter was now sitting down on his lap sideways.

The redhead almost fell back, so he reached out and hooked his arms around Jumin's neck.

This is... a very awkward position...

Seven bit his lip, averting his gaze.

Jumin kept his smile in his head instead of on his face.

Then he remembered the unread letter still lying on his desk, and picked it up.

"Now you're going to witness how I read your letters..."

He coughed, and the redhead, now leaning on his shoulder comfortably, laughed softly.

-

This is gonna be short.

Cause I'm about to get thrown outta my house.

Anyway, I'll be handing this letter to you personally.

Cause I'm going to your office to stay for a while.

If you're reading this, I take it as I've reached your office safely somehow.

Please let me stay for the night.

Take your breaks, as usual, and I'll be making sure that you sleep early tonight.

Vanderwood's screaming at me.

Gotta go.

P.S. If you look in my plastic bag, it's not just my laptop, but my tablet and phone, too.

-

At that, Jumin let his gaze fall on the plastic bag sitting on the floor, and he noticed immediately- now that it was mentioned - that there was a tablet and a phone inside of it.

He sighed in relief.

"At least you brought everything."

The black-haired man folded the letter back into how it originally was.

"And, well, you can stay for the night."