☆ Goodnight Awesome ☆

Chapter 5: Goodnight Awesome

Jumin sighed.

'To be honest, I don't really like sweets...'

His gaze swept over the unopened packet of candy.

'The reason why I want to at least taste it is because it was a gift from Seven.'

Jumin smiled.

'Because he thought about me when he bought this.'

The black-haired businessman dipped a finger inside the packet and took out one of the small, cylinder-shaped sweets.

Although he wasn't fond of sweet things, he didn't quite want Seven's gift to go to waste.

So he ate it.

And he had to admit, it wasn't that bad.

It, at least, wasn't as sweet as the chocolate bars they sold in convenience stores.

In fact, it tasted pretty pleasant.

Jumin savoured the taste for a while.

But in the end, he wasn't really thinking about the taste anymore.

He gazed up at the ceiling.

I wonder if he's... thinking about me too...

-

-

-

Seven yawned, the evening sun painting the small café in a dusty orange glow.

I wonder... was he happy with today's note? Did he wait for it? I know I said I was just kidding, but...

He ran his fingers through his glossy, red hair and sighed.

And anyway...

What's with me? It feels like something is missing whenever I come home to my apartment.

Like... as if someone's supposed to be there. But isn't.

-

-

-

Jumin cracked his knuckles, his hands aching from signing contracts and doing paperwork.

Of course, the diamond-decorated pen his father gave him served to be of great use, but was it just him or was it already running out of ink?

He heaved a long sigh.

Then he grabbed another candy from the packet, that was now more than halfway finished.

The sweet cracked from the force he applied on it with his teeth, and he understood why it was called a Sticky.

His gaze shifted to the wall clock.

'6:30PM'

Jumin bit his lip.

Are you kidding? It's still this early? I sure hope the candies last until three hours later.

Then, once again grabbing his pen, he returned his focus to the thick pile of work on his desk.

-

-

-

The café was now half-filled with customers, all craving for coffee, tea or the occasional hot chocolate.

Seven had been working on his laptop for more than six hours straight, ever since he had decided to leave his house and find "a place of divine peace and concentration".

It so happened to be a small café.

Maybe that was the original plan.

The redhead stretched in his seat, arm muscles aching from the vigorous typing he had done.

The sky had grown darker outside, and orange light no longer filtered through the transparent glass windows of the café.

Seven wasn't complaining, though.

When the sun shone through the windows, it made it hard to see his screen without having to increase the brightness level.

So this was enough.

Dim café lighting and an acceptable brightness level where he wouldn't have to strain his eyes.

Contented, he checked the time on his watch.

'8:45PM'

He smiled to himself.

And my work's almost done.

Seven turned to his phone to switch the music playing in his headphones.

I think I've played 'History Maker' on repeat for the past two hours... How about a change...? 'Persecution Complex'... 'Wonderland Heart'... 'Nine in the afternoon'... I think I'll play that in fifteen minutes. No, fourteen. It's already eight forty-six. Let's just settle with 'Goodnight Awesome'.

Satisfied, he tapped on the song and put it on repeat.

Smiling to himself yet again, he resumed his focus to the half-written program on his screen.

Time to finish this.

-

-

-

Jumin stepped into his apartment, the usual haste movements before rushing to get Elizabeth 3rd's dinner ready.

Pouring the food into her crystal bowl, he smiled.

"Here, Elizabeth."

He set the bowl on the floor and she purred her thanks before starting to eat.

Jumin left her in the kitchen, and went to place his working bag in his room, as well as take off the first layer of clothing he was wearing, leaving him in his white shirt.

Then he took the note Seven had given him and folded it neatly before slipping it into the glass jar on his table.

His eyes shone for a moment.

If my heart could be anything other than an organ, it would be this glass jar.

Because it doesn't feel as empty as before with Seven's heartfelt notes filling it.