Chapter 22

"Rebecca no! Don't scream please!"I tried quieting her down. Jeremy got up immediately and went across the room away from her, he looked so pained to be away from her.

"He-he bit me! He bit me!"Rebecca cried out over and over and I knew this would be difficult.

"I know Rebecca, but he couldn't control himself!"I said trying to explain.

She snapped her head away from Jeremy and looked at me,"You promised me I would be safe here!"she accused and Mark growled in the background.

"Don't raise your voice at her like that"He threatened and another growl was heard across the room from Jeremy.

"Don't talk to my mate like that!"he barked and Gabriel laughed to himself watching the exchange go on.

"All of you leave the room now! We need to be alone."I said looking between Mark and Jeremy.

Both of them hesitated before finally leaving into the kitchen with Gabriel behind them.

"Wh-what did he call me?"Rebecca whimpered.

I sighed deeply and held her hand,"You're his mate, Rebecca. Every wolf has one but they don't know who they are. So when Jeremy found out you were his mate...his wolf took over and claimed you"I said and watched her take in the new information.

"Claim me?"She said and reached her hand up to touch her neck but I stopped her.

"It'll hurt for few days...believe me I know"I said and moved my hair to one side to show her Mark's claim on my neck."He just claimed you as his so every male wolf knows to stay away from you"she looked more confused.

"But I'm a human! I shouldn't have a mate! I-I"she stuttered over her words.

"I know but thats just the way it is I guess..."I said and she shook her head as her eyes watered.

"No I don't want to be with him! I don't even know him and he attacked me! What if he does it again?!"she shouted and I shushed her.

"Rebecca calm down!Please! Listen to me, he'll take care of you and protect you with his life! Rebecca....he loves you-"she interupts me.

"He doesn't know me!....But he knows my family...he knows what we've done, Crystal please! Don't let me be with him!"she begged and I shook my head.

"I can't control that Rebecca please I know Jeremy, he'll treat you well."I said giving her a warm smile and she sniffled.

"It hurts really bad"she whimpered and place her hand right under her claim.

"He can make it feel a little better...he's your mate too...believe me you'll feel a connection towards him soon enough"I said and she sniffled again.

"You might want to take off your necklace...since it's silver...you could hurt him"I said quietly and she scoffed.

"Hurt him?! He's the one that bit-"I covered her mouth with my hand and silenced her.

"No wolf likes being stung by silver Rebecca...especially if the one silvering them is their mate"I said and removed my hand.

She slowly moved her hands behind her neck and removed the necklace and slowly put it in her pocket.

I heard a silent knock and saw Mark there, I stood up and told Rebecca to stay put while I walked over to him.

"Jeremy wants to know if she'll be willing to go with him."he said quietly and we both looked over at her.

"I don't know she's so scared...of him mainly...it's a lot to happen to her in one day Mark"I said and he moved closer to me.

"I missed the way you would say my name"he said and placed his hand on my hip, I felt my body flush and heat up as I put my hand over his.