Chapter 13

Mark and Jeremy had been talking in his office for hours.Its been almost three weeks since Alpha Dylan came here but Mark is still all pissed about his little threat.I guess I was scared too but I did miss spending time with him.

I was close to falling asleep on the couch when I heard them coming downstairs.

I watched as Mark said something to Jeremy before he left,I couldn't hear what he said though.

He looked back at me on the couch and gave a slight smile.

"What are you doing?"I asked sitting up.

"What do you mean?"I rolled my eyes

"For the past few weeks you and Jeremy have been stuffed in your office for hours.You've been on edge ever since Dylan was here.What are you two planning?"I asked again hoping he wouldn't avoid it.

"It's nothing you should worry yourself with"he said but I wouldn't accept that as his answer.

"Why?I'm the Luna aren't I?I should know about what goes on in this pack"I said getting off the couch placing my hands on my hips.

Mark let out a deep sigh and I smirked at him letting him know I wouldn't back down.

"It's nothing too serious but it is suspicious.Lately in the human settlement nearby theres been a rush of new humans coming to town."he said and I thought it was strange at how involved he was with humans.

"So what about them?"I said and he took a deep breath.

"Some of the pack members searched through their cars and found weapons.Specific weapons used for hunting and killing wolves"I felt my stomach clench and my wolf became alert immediately.

My mind immediately wondered to Richard the bookstore owner and his book on werewolves.

"So your saying that there are humans out there who know our existence?"he nodded his head.

"Now we don't know why they're here but with those weapons they have are a threat to this pack"he said and I could tell he really was worried for his pack.

"Mark in that town there was that bookstore,do you remember?" He nodded his head,"Well the owner-"he growled so I knew he had remembered him at least,"the owner had a book on werewolves and how to kill them"I said and Mark listened closely taking in the new information.

"What's his name?"he asked

"Richard but I don't know his last name but Mark listen when he saw your claim on my neck he said I was one of them and until now I realized he knew I was wolf"I said but he looked lost in though.

"Richard"he repeated to himself and then started running up to his office I ran after him and made it to his office to see him looking at the shelves aligning the walls of the room.

"Here it is"he said pulling a thick book from a top shelf and then slamming it on his desk.I stood behind him as he dusted it off.

"What is this?"I said looking at the old worn leather on the book.

"It's a record of all the werewolf hunters this pack has dealt with and have either killed or made peace with"he said and I couldn't believe what he was saying.Werewolf hunters?

He dug his fingers into the ending pages of the book and opened it.

"Are they all of the same family?"I asked looking at the repetition of last names.

"Yes all of them dating back hundreds of years ago,the Corvin family have been training all their members to hunt wolves and the most recent one you've found is Richard Corvin,who is right....here!"he said pointing his finger on a name that was handwritten.