Chapter 4

When I wake up I'm in a bed with white covers and I almost think I died and went to heaven. I roll over and wince expecting pain but there's nothing. I sit up and feel my own back when I hear a sound in the corner of the room.

"You're awake" My mate says and stands up. His eyes look red but I feel nothing but anger towards him. I grab a glass of water on the bed stand next to me and aim it at his head. He dodges it and it smashes behind him. Of course.

"Get away from me" I say and throw off the covers. I get up and immediately feel dizzy. He's at my side in seconds and grabs my hand and waist to balance me. The places he touches tingle and I close my eyes for a moment to enjoy it.

"You have to take it slow. Please" he says and rubs my wrist.

"No!" I push him back and try to get my wrist free.

"I'm leaving get away from me!!" I scream and try pushing him even more and punching his chest. I hit nothing but muscle and begin getting even more frustrated.

"Please just listen.." he says and I slap him as hard as I could. He growls and I hear a snap in my wrist. I scream and he let's go immediately.

"No! I didn't mean that!!" He says and I run past him and out the bedroom doors. I notice Trevor and Jeremy were outside but they don't stop me. I notice the clothes I'm wearing are extremely baggy and I feel ridiculous. I shift and feel the clothes rip around me. My wrist still hurts but I don't care. The pain means nothing compared to what he's done to my heart and the sick mind games he's doing.

I'm losing the will to even run anymore.. and it's what I love most in the world.. I stop and almost on cue I smell the same stench again. But I'm not scared.

It's different this time...you want this...

I hear his voice and I lay down not wanting to fight.

I'm tired.. I don't want this life anymore..

My poor girl...I will lead you somewhere better..

I hear growls coming from all around me and I see he practically has a whole army of rogues standing around him. He snarls and bares his teeth and I expose my neck for him.

Please make it quick..

His growling stops and I begin to hear howling into he distance...a war cry. His army begins to run behind him and he growls and looks at me before running off himself. I feel wolves from the pack run past me and after the rogues.

Then I feel him standing over me..again.

"Shift back..please" he says and this time my wolf obeys. He takes off his shirt and places it over me and picks me up.

"I'm sorry..please...don't leave me. I'll have nothing if you're gone I'm sorry" he buries his face in my fur and I nuzzle myself into his neck and breath him in feeling happy.

"My name his Crystal" he tightens his arms around me.

"I'm Mark"

*MARK'S POV*

Looking at her..in that cell. I wanted to kill every rogue around her. I wanted to kill my own beta for putting her in there. But then I remembered why she was there..

She was a rogue..she was one of them...she..

Bad memories flash through my head and all I see is red. I shift and run away from her cell as quick as possible ordering Jeremy to get her away from me.

You're a fool go back to her now!

My wolf yells at me. It seems he's forgotten what rogues have done to us. I run inside my home and straight to my office and destroy it out of anger. Of all wolves I would be destined to be with she had to be at rogue.

That doesn't matter you idiot!

It does matter incredibly...5 years ago these rogues..

They attacked our pack. They practically wiped us out and killed my entire family. My mother and father...my brother and his pregnant mate..

They disgust me and deserve no compassion!! I scream at him and continue to shatter everything in my office. I stop when I feel her pain. He's calling for me..and then stops. I am a fool....

The next day I spend at home wondering about her. What her name is. What she wanted with this pack. Why she was my mate. Why she was so beautiful... I push the thoughts aside and my wolf begins to scold me.

Later that night I'm awaken by her scent. As if she's right next to me. I growl when I see she's not there. I want her. I need her. She shouldn't even be here. I ordered her away. I'm angry that someone unmated wolf brought her back. She looked so cute and innocent . She could have any man dying at her feet.

I run outside to find her scent leading directly to Jeremy's house. The picture of them in bed together makes my blood boil and instantly wake him through our to link to come down. He opens the door with his eyes wide as hell and I punch him as hard as I could.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I yell and I hear someone shuffle upstairs and I run to see if my suspicions are true. I open the door and my heart stops when I see the terrified look in her eyes. She's scared of me..

I feel Jeremy come up behind me and I see her eyes go to him immediately and my anger boils up again and I continue to yell at her. It isn't until she's jumped out the window that I feel a wave of regret fall over me and I go after her. Jesus she's fast. I feel a sense of pride in that ability. But that feeling goes away immediately when I hear her scream. The sound breaks my heart and sends me in a frenzy to kill anything or anyone that gets in my way of protecting her. That rogue that fucking rogue. He's always causing trouble. I'll kill him. I'll fucking mutilate him. My memory is blurry and red as I'm attacking him but then her cries bring me back to Earth and I realized im the cause of her pain. I led her to run away from me and almost got her killed... carrying felt so right I almost never wanted to let her go.

She was unconscious for 2 days after he attacked her. And I knew he was waiting for her again outside. I didn't sleep or eat until she woke up. She could let out all her anger on me I didn't care. As long as she was alright.

But my temper...I lost control...I hurt again and sent her out with a death wish. I can't lost her. I ordered all my best fighters to follow me and save her from him again.

And to see her lying there alone and sad because of me...I would no longer stand it. She's mine and I'm hers. I won't lose her. No one will take her... I love her..