Chapter 25

Crystal's POV

"Rebecca!" I squeal excitedly as she walks in with Jeremy. I notice him keeping his distance but I can tell how much it must hurt him to have his mate be afraid of him.

She smiles and runs into my arms immediately. "Will they be leaving soon?" She whispers in my ear. I know she means Mark and Jeremy. And I shake my head. I look over at Jeremy who obviously heard her but tries not to let it show.

"I arranged for you to have a doctor's appointment today. Jeremy will be taking you both into the city where it's safe" Mark says and I look at him disappointed.

"You're not coming" I say and he grabs my hand and rubs his thumb soothingly along my palm.

"As much as I want to see our child. I can't abandon the pack until I know for sure we can all be safe." He says and I don't want to be selfish but it doesn't stop the sadness in me. "I'll be there for every moment after. I love you" he whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek I say it back as he leaves.

"Come on Rebecca. Wait here Jeremy" he says and I grab her hand and lead her upstairs.

It's been so long since I've been around a girl my age. At my old pack I lost all my friends the moment word got out my father wanted the Alpha dead. But to be around Rebecca,it makes me feel my age again. I'm so young and already I have a baby on the way and crazed stalker wanting me dead.

I take her into my room and give her something room since I notice her clothes smelled like Jeremy and we're slightly baggy.

"You'll have to tell Jeremy to take you shopping one day. I can go with you. But of course it would be better if it's just you two." I say and she shrugs.

"I don't like being alone with him. He's quiet. I feel like he'll jump me at any moment. Something happend between us and I feel like I upset him." She says and look at her urging her to continue talking.

"The night I left your house,we back to his and my neck was still hurting. He said he was sorry and I had this feeling come over me and we started kissing but...he growled at me. Then he ran out of the room" she says and rubs her arm nervously.

I smile and shake my head."Wolves do that. Belive me I know. You just got him excited." I say and she looks terrified.

"What if he doesn't control himself and he-" I stop her right there.

"No. You're only human. You don't know how powerful a bond between mates is. He'll never hurt you. He'll never leave you. He's yours forever and you're his. It's an amazing thing. Trust me." I say and she smiles sweetly and she nods.

"Warm up to him. He won't bite you know." I say. She covers her hand for some reason but I don't ask why and just gave her something to put on while I changed myself.

We go back downstairs to see Jeremy patiently waiting for us. But his eyes linger on Rebecca for a minute before he clears his throat and opens the door for us. He leads us to the garage I didn't know Mark had and grabs the keys to black SUV. Rebecca sits behind me while I get in the passenger seat.

"Why do we have to go into the city? Isn't the pack doctor trained for this kind of thing?" I ask

"Mark prefers for you to be somewhere farther for now until he has things under control" Jeremy says as he pulls out of the driveway.

It was almost a 2 hour drive to the private hospital Mark set my appointment in. When we entered I was greeted by elderly woman who shook my hand.

"It's finally nice to meet you Ms.Foster. Your husband was very specific on your situation. You don't have to worry about thing. I've dealt with these types of situations all my life." She smiles warmly. Mark put me under his last name? As small as the detail is it makes me happy and less sad that Mark isn't here.