Chapter 3

I run until I reach the nearest town. I see the neon sign of a motel and dig through my bag for some money, 60 bucks. All the money I have in the world. Luckily a room for the night was just 50 bucks. But I have no way to pay for another night. I ignore the thought and settle down in the somewhat clean room. I scrub off all the dirt and mud from my body and put on clean clothes.

I try my best to forget about my mate but he's still in my head. My wolf won't speak to me. She's in denial and hopes he will come for us. Deep down I know he won't. It takes me hours to fall asleep but when I wake up its midday and I realize I need to find a job today or I'm screwed.

It felt nice to be amongst a small busy town. I got some looks from a view people. I guess they can tell I've never been here before. I check restaurants first to see if they need a waitress but they're all full. I begin feeling unlucky when I come across an old bookstore the no one is going into. I go in anyways.

"Hello?" I say as I open the door and bell jingles above it. A head pops up immediately that belongs to man with brown hair that's slightly graying and glasses that make his eyes look huge.

"I'm Crystal..I was wondering if you had any job openings.." I say as he looks at me strangely. He says nothing but nods his head and goes behind the register for a few moments. I look around at the books piled up in a huge mess all over the floors and tables and begin feeling a little claustrophobic.

"Last name?" He calls out.

"Deveraux. Crystal Deveraux." I say and he looks at me strangely again and nods his head slowly.

"Come back again tomorrow and I'll show you around. I'm very busy" he says and moves his hand in a gesture to shoo me out.

I leave happy to be out of there and notice that the sun is beginning to set and I have no where to sleep. I start walking down the block not knowing where I'm going when I walk past a bar.

"How much for a night sweetheart?" I hear an old man call out as he licks his lips at me. I cringe and walk faster.

"I'll give you fifty bucks just for a kiss sweetie!" He calls out and I slow down and close my eyes. Am I really that desperate?

I hear a car pull up to the bar and the old man stops laughing. I smell the air and stop walking. The car pulls up to me now and I look over and hang my head down in shame.

"I'm sorry I came here. I had no where else to go please..." I still don't know his damn name. I hear a sigh and a door opens. I look up when I feel a jacket being put on my shoulders. I'm slowly pushed into the passenger seat and he gets back in the driver's seat.

"My name is Jeremy" he says and starts driving. He turns the heat up in the car and I fall asleep. I wake up when I see he's trying to carry me out. I gasp when his hand is wrapped around my waist.

"Stop it hurts!" I gasp and he moves his hand back immediately.

"They'll know I'm here.." I say quietly and he shakes his head.

"Keep my jacket on and they won't. Trust me." He says and leads me to a two story house I assume that must be his. He opens the door and there's no one else inside. Just us. And for some reason I completely trust him. He leads me to a guest bedroom where I lay his jacket on a chair.

"You can stay here for the night. In the morning...I don't know" he says and closes the door and leaves me alone.

I collapse on the bed and wrap myself up with as much blankets and pillows as possible. My mind drifts back to my "mate" and I feel this hole in my stomach. My wolf still won't speak to me but now I don't feel as sad. Just numb. I fall asleep quicker but I don't sleep for long when his voice wakes me up.

"WHERE IS SHE?" His voice booms almost as if he's right next to me. I sit up immediately scared out of my mind thinking he wants me dead. I run towards the chair to grab Jeremy's jacket when the door breaks open. I scream and run to the corner of the room next to the window.

My mate stands before me breathing heavily and my body heats up again at the sight of him. Jeremy walks in beside him with a bloody nose and I look at him begging with my eyes to do something. He looks down.

"What are you doing here?!?" He shouts and I stutter trying to form the words to respond but he doesn't let me.

"Leave now!! Never come back!" He screams at me and I let out a sob like a weak idiot. I don't want to be near him I open the window next me and jump out landing on my feet. I didn't even have time to put on shoes. The cold night greets me and I put on the jacket and I start running.

Why? What have I done?? Why does he hate me?? I'm crying as I try to run as fast as possible. My tears are blurring my vision and I feel like an idiot for thinking he wouldn't find me.

I stop and fall to my knees and scream out loud knowing he wouldn't care. I scream in agony at the pain in my heart.

He called to me...his human is a fool...you must go back...

My wolf finally speaks to me but I shake my head.

"He hates me..." I sob but stop when I hear a growl nearby. That same stench invades my nose. I whimper when he comes into view.

"Get away from me" I growl and he snarls at me. I turn around to run when he jumps on my back and holds me down. I gasp for air as his weight begins to crush me. Then I feel his claws begin to dig through my clothing and I scream as the silver pierces my skin. How does he have silver claws???

"Stop!! Please!!" I scream louder as he digs his nails deeper. The pain is excruciating and I want nothing more than to die right there.

My princess...scream some more for me my love..

His voice echoes in my head as he drags his claws down my back. I scream and grasp at the dead grass around me and begin to choke. I can't breath.

"Please...kill me " I cough out and I hear him laugh in my head. All of a sudden I feel his claws being ripped from my back as well as his weight and I begin to breath again. I hear growls and the ground begins to shake and I feel his presence. I look back and see my mate biting out chunks of the rogues back.

I whimper in pain and he looks at me. It gives the rogue the advantage to run away. He doesn't go after him. Instead he shifts back and comes over to me.

"Jesus Christ" he says and places his hand on my shoulder and head.

"Don't touch me you sick fuck!" I scream but soon I begin to choke up blood. I'm dying. I'm going to fucking die with my asshole of a mate to watch me.

"No.." he says and I scream as he lifts me up and runs back to Jeremy's hosue.

"Get the doctor now!!" He yells and Jeremy shifts and runs. He takes me back inside and lays me on the couch. Im still coughing up blood and I'm clawing at the couch.

"Kill me!" I sob and he doesn't say anything. I look at him and see tears begin to form. The door opens again and Jeremy is there with an old man who rushes towards me. I feel his hand dig in my wound and I scream again. I hear my mate growl and I black out.