Part 22

~ Harry's POV ~

I wait until Andy leaves to make a certain phone call. "I'll be home later." She kisses me and leaves to go to work.

"Have a good day, Babe!" I smile and watch her leave. I wait an extra five minutes, just to make sure she didn't forget anything and have to come back in. I grab my phone and dial the number.

"Neil Lane."

"Hello, it's Harry. Harry Styles." I say. "Oh, hello. How may I help you?" He sounds a bit surprised to be receiving a call from me. "I'm calling to see if we can set up an appointment. I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend." I smile as I'm saying the last sentence.

"How lovely! I'd be honored to help you out, Harry."

"Thank you, but there's a problem. I know you're in LA, and I'm currently in San Jose with her. She knows I'm on break, so if I mysteriously leave, she will know something's up." I explain to him.

"Right, right."

"So I was wondering if you could maybe come up here and we can meet. I think your rings are absolutely gorgeous and I want her to have the best." I add. I hear him sigh. "Well thank you for the compliment.. You're a nice guy so I'll tell you what. I can meet you somewhere in San Jose tomorrow with some rings that fit the style you'd like to see."

"Oh, thank you so much." I thank him, feeling relieved.

"For the style of rings you'd like to see, what are you interested in?"

"I know she likes simple things. Not too flashy, but still beautiful. Maybe some round cut and princess cut rings? Cushion cut is nice too." I tell him.

"Wonderful. Most of our rings are cushion cut, so I'll be bringing some of those. I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Styles."

"Thank you, good bye." I hang up and exhale, feeling half of the nervousness go away. I'm already a nervous wreck and I haven't even bought the ring yet.. I need a nap.

~~~

~ Andy's POV ~

I'm picking up my tip from the last table of the night, when my boss approaches me with a phone. "Someone from Stanford would like to talk to you." He hands me the phone and I thank him. "Hello?"

"Hello, I'm calling to inform you that we would love to meet with you tomorrow afternoon and see if you'd like to fill in our empty slot, here on campus."

I'm speechless at what I've just heard. "I. Uh, would love to meet. Thank you so much."

"It's our pleasure, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

I thank them once again and hang up, not thinking about how they got a hold of me at work. I grab my stuff and hurry home to tell Harry.

~

I'm quickly unlocking the front door, eager to tell Harry the big news. I finally get inside and find Harry in one of the outfits I bought for our anniversary.

"Oh dear." I laugh. "Very sexy, Babe."

"Eh, I think it would look better on you." Harry looks down at the lace outfit he has on. "Here, I'd like to see who wears it better." He strips down to only the boxers he had underneath.

I scrunch my nose and shake my head at the dress he's handing me. "I have something better."

"I'll be the judge of that." He smirks and follows me to the bedroom. I grab the bag and go into the bathroom, letting my hair down from it's high ponytail and change.