Chapter 59

"No" I snapped. There's no way I'm doing this. It's not like he can kill me anyways considering the fact he wouldn't have me if he did that. And I knew he wasn't gonna kill me if Michael refused to leave as well, so I don't know why he left. It hurt a lot.

"I don't wanna do this the hard way" Calum said, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not doing that. I'll do anything but that."

He rolled his eyes.

"Fine, whatever. But I'll get you to that stage eventually." He gave me an evil smirk. "I know I will."

I sat down on the couch and stared at the wall. Calum is basically holding me captive by threatening to kill my boyfriend if I escape. This is terrible.

"Stop being so fucking boring" Calum mumbled. "I'm getting food." He walked to his kitchen. I looked over at the large man and he slowly walked over to me.

"Listen, you're going to get out."

"What?" I asked.

"That one guy; your real boyfriend; he's going to get you out. I could see it on his face."

"Why can't you just let me out?"

"There's no chance. If I did, Calum would call for back-up. And it isn't worth the risk, because he'd more than likely kill Michael" the man replied.

"This is fucked up." I shook my head and sighed.

Calum came back minutes later with a bowl of soup and gave it to me.

"I'm not hungry" I said.

He gave me a murderous look and pushed it away.

"Stop moping around and being a fucking sap."

"What am I supposed to do?!" I yelled, throwing my hands out. "You're literally psycho!"

He pushed me back on the couch.

"Don't talk to me like that" he threatened, slowly taking out a gun. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Be brave. Be brave.

He slowly put it back.

"That's what I thought" he said. I put my head in my hands.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. He pursed his lips.

"I didn't wanna do this. I want you more than anything. I love you. But you love Michael and it isn't...it isn't fair. I should have you, not him. You and him never work out anyways. But we could. I know we could."

I shook my head with tears in my eyes.

"I would never want to be with someone like you. You sicken me."

I turned away from him and suddenly felt cold metal against my head. I swallowed hard and wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"Well if I can't have you," he started. "No one can. I could simply kill you then kill myself. And don't think for a second I will hesitate to do so."

I nodded slowly and he put the gun back down.

-

The rest of the day was just us watching tv in silence. I wasn't even really watching it; I just kept thinking of Michael. I need him to save me. I know he will; I have faith in him.

Night came quick and Calum made me sleep on the couch because I refused to sleep in the same bed as him. He locked his gun up and went to his bed as well, while the large man stood in front of the door so I couldn't escape. I sighed and tried to sleep, but it wouldn't work.

Hours passed and 11 turned to 3am. I'm just hoping this is all a terrible dream I'll eventually wake up from.

My thoughts were interrupted by the banging on the door. I sat up quickly and the large man looked through the peep hole. He threw the door open and what looked to be about 15 police men ran into the apartment. I covered my mouth and felt happy tears fall from my eyes. Michael ran through the door and directly to me, wrapping his arms around me. We held onto each other and I cried into his chest.

"You thought I was going to let you stay with him?" Michael whispered into my hair. I shook my head.

"I knew you'd come back."

I pulled away to look up at him and he used his thumb to wipe my tears.

We turned around and watched as the police handcuffed Calum. He gave me and Michael an evil look but I just smirked and waved.

"Are you okay? Is there anything you need?" A police officer asked.

"No. Thank you so much."

"Of course" he replied.

So me and Michael walked out of the apartment, hand in hand.

When we got back to the cabin, rain began to pour down. I laughed as we got soaking wet. He took my hand and pressed his lips to it.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you" I replied.

"Marry me Ashley."

"W-what?" I asked, taken back.

"After what happened with Calum, I never want to lose you like that again. I want to be able to protect you from things like that..forever. I wanna be with you."

I felt tears spill out of my eyes and he got on one knee, pulling out the ring he had planned on originally using to propose.

"So Ashley..will you marry me?"

"Of course" I replied, laughing through my tears.

He took my hand and put the ring on my finger. He then stood up and pressed his lips against mine, and nothing felt better.

-
(A/N: so unfortunately, the next chapter is the last D: it's gonna be their wedding so yeah, stay tuned :)