Chapter 14

Michael began to stand up but I grabbed his hand. He clenched his jaw, freezing.

"Let me talk to you, please" Calum begged. His eyes were red and puffy. I took in a sharp breath.

"There's nothing to talk about, Calum."

"Yes there is, I just wanna explain this whole thing" he said.

"Okay...fine" I mumbled, standing up and walking outside with him.

"Ashley...that girl means nothing to me. It was a drunken mistake" he said.

"Calum, don't lie to me. I already know you've been with her behind my back" I snapped. He pursed his lips and looked downward.

"But, I-"

"Save it, Calum" I said, feeling the tears drip out. He bit down hard on his lip and turned around, walking away. I walked back into the cabin and Michael immediately stood up, wrapping his arms around me. The tears ran down my cheeks and he wiped them away.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing...h-he tried to lie" I mumbled. Michael shook his head and rubbed my back.

"Lets get back in the bed" he whispered into my hair. We both walked back to my bed. He threw the covers over us and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close. After a while I ran out of tears.

"All I've ever known is heart break" I mumbled. "I've fallen for so many guys in my past but it never turns out right. They either cheat on me or find someone new. I'm sick of never being good enough..." I frowned. Michael sighed.

"Please stop thinking you aren't good enough. You're more than good enough. You just fall for the wrong guys..we accept the love we think we deserve" he replied. I chuckled.

"You're quoting my favorite movie" I said, poking him in the stomach.

"Perks Of Being a Wallflower is your favorite?" He asked.

"Yep" I replied. He gave me a smile.

"It's mine too..."

"You're kidding" I said. I bursted out laughing and his cheeks turned red as he rolled his eyes. "Oh my god. Bad boy Michael Clifford's favorite movie is Perks Of Being a Wallflower. Who would've guessed?"

"Nobody knows so don't tell anyone" he grumbled.

"Okay, okay. I won't."

"Do you have it on DVD?" He asked. I shook my head. "Okay, we're going to the store to get it." I frowned.

"But it's my lazy day" I whined.

"Come onnnn, we can still have the lazy day, but this time with a movie marathon and more food" he replied. I smiled.

"Okay, fine." So I stood up and walked to the bathroom, changing into jean shorts but keeping Michael's shirt on. I decided not to wear make-up but brushed through my hair, tying it into a bun. I walked out to see Michael with his hands in his pockets, smiling at me.

"Let's go" he said, holding out his hand. I looked at his hand then back up at him and he frowned, pulling it away. Instead I smiled and grabbed it, intertwining our fingers. He smiled back. We walked to his car and he drove to Walmart. We walked to the movie aisle and he grabbed perks of being a wallflower. We looked at the other movies.

"Let's get The Notebook" I said. He nodded and grabbed that too. We ended up buying 10 movies along with popcorn, Coke, and pizza. He payed for the whole thing (although I didn't want him to.) We headed back to the cabin and I looked at the clock on my phone, which read 3:52pm. We reached the cabin and I saw Jessica sitting on the bed painting her nails. She looked up at us with surprise.

"Woah...what?" She looked between both of us.

"It's...a long story" I replied. Michael put the food away as I explained the whole situation with her.

"This is so great!" She exclaimed. "Well...not the fact Calum cheated on you...he's a jerk. But you and Michael!"

"We aren't actually together yet..I mean, me and Calum just broke up."

"Yeah, but you and Michael are perfect for each other" she replied. I rolled my eyes. Michael walked back over to us and sat beside me.

"So, you and Luke?" I asked, winking. "How are you guys doing?"

"Pretty good" she replied, grinning. "He's great." I smiled, happy that Jessica's found the right guy. Luke really is right for her. Me and Michael got back into the bed and watched Perks Of Being A Wallflower. Everything just felt so..right, for once.