Chapter 45

I sat down on Michael's bed, chewing slightly on my finger nails. He had offered to leave and go on a walk for a little while so I can just think, so I let him. There's just so many thoughts swimming through my head right now; it's unreal how confused this boy makes me.

Michael's P.O.V.

I walked down the street, hands shoved into my pockets, when a familiar figure seemed like it was approaching me. I looked up and as soon as he stepped into the light, I knew it was Calum.

He looked a lot older, I'll give him that. He took his lip ring and all his piercings out, but he still has tattoos.

"Michael! Long time no see" he said, smirking.

"Calum..." I mumbled, plastering a fake smile. "Good to see you."

"So" he said. "How are you and Ashley? Are you still together?"

"Well" I said with a sigh, scratching the back of my neck and walking down the street with him. "Things are complicated."

"Why's that?" He said.

"Well, we had to break up 5 years ago but she's just recently come back into my life so we're figuring things out...wait, why the hell am I telling you this shit?"

"I don't know" he replied, attempting to chuckle. I could tell it was fake. "Anyways, um..there's something you should know."

"What?" I asked. Calum pursed his lips and sighed.

"Well...I mean, I don't wanna tell you...it'll crush you..."

"Tell me" I said.

"Okay, um... When you and Ashley broke up, she slept with multiple guys..." He trailed off, waiting for my reaction. Everything inside me fired up and I balled my fists.

The thought of other guys kissing her and running their hands down her body...no.

I grabbed Calum by his shirt and slammed him against the outside of a brick building.

"How the hell do you know this?" I growled.

"Chill out man" he muttered. "She's the one that told me."

"When was this?" I asked, slowly putting him down.

"I mean, it was around 5 days after you broke up."

"Fucking hell..." I mumbled. "Calum, I swear to god if you're lying about this I will tear you apart limb by l-"

"I'm not lying!" He exclaimed, raising his hands in defense. "Listen, I'll see you later man. If you need anything, just call me." And he walked off.

There is no way in hell.

I turned around and stormed back to the cabin. Once I'd gotten there, I threw the door open to find her laying on my bed wearing my t-shirt and no pants, reading. My heart immediately felt like it had been shattered.

"You're a fucking hypocrite" I said. "How could you do this to me?"

"What?" She asked, a confused look crossing her face.

"Don't 'what' me. I know what you did." I turned around and leaned against the wall, running my hands through my hair multiple times.

"Enlighten me" she shot back.

"I know about you sleeping with multiple other guys 5 fucking days after we broke up."

"What?" She yelled. "Are you kidding me?"

"Don't try to deny it" I said.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about!"

"Sure you do. Calum told m-"

"Calum told you this?" She asked. I nodded furiously. "Oh my god, Michael. I cannot BELIEVE you would choose to trust Calum rather than me. Do you honestly think I would do something like that? And anyways, I don't understand why you're getting all pissy over this. I may not have done it but you actually did basically do this to me." She crossed her arms.

I lay back onto my bed.

"I don't know what to believe. He just..looked so sincere about it..."

"I didn't do anything" she said, turning to look at me. I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm just tired of this."

"Tired of what?" She asked.

"Tired of us."