Chapter 11

I screamed in frustration, banging my head against the side of the car. I tried to push it but it was honestly no use. The only thing I could really do was walk back..alone..in the rain...I shuddered as I started my long journey. I then realized I don't know the way back. I'm lost. I bit down hard on my lip to keep from crying. I need to be strong...I can't cry...so I decided to walk out where the road was and the cars were. I could ask for help. So I waved my arms around, screaming for help, but literally nobody stopped. I felt the tears stream down my face as I kept walking. The rain continued to rush down onto me, completely soaking me. I wiped my eyes continuously because the rain and tears blurred my vision. Suddenly, a car lurched to a stop and out ran what looked like a boy. But all the boy did was wrap his arms around me and hold me tight. Who is this guy? We pulled apart but he kept his grip on me, wiping my eyes so my vision was no longer blurred. I gasped as I made out Michael's face. He did nothing but look into my eyes.

"Ashley" he whispered. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Ashley, it's okay now. Everything's okay now." I threw myself into his arms again, burying my head into his chest.

"W-were you looking for me?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah...for the past hour.." He mumbled. "I thought I lost you." He stared at the ground, frowning.

"We aren't together?" I said.

"I know, I just thought you left for good" he replied, sighing. "Because I told you that you mean nothing to me but it's not true...you mean so much to me, you have no idea..." He bit down hard on his lip. The rain continued to pour down. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. He grinned a little and we walked to his car as he drove me back to the cabin. I told him about how all I wanted to do was get away and how my car had a flat tire. He promised me he would get somebody to tow it. We soon arrived and the cabin.

"Thank you so much Michael..." I said, leaning over and kissing him softly on the cheek. His cheeks turned red as I hopped out of the car and waved, and he drove back to his cabin. I walked inside to find Calum, Jessica, Luke and Ashton sitting on my bed, biting their nails. Their heads snapped toward me.

"Ashley!" They exclaimed at the same time. Calum ran over to me and picked me up, pressing his lips against mine. I smiled against his lips.

"I was so worried" Calum said, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't worry, I'm okay" I replied, smiling. Jessica, Ashton and Luke all hugged me. I giggled. "Were you guys really this worried?"

"Well, yeah, we thought we lost you" Luke said, frowning.

"I just wanted to get away for a day."

"So did you drive back home?" Ashton asked.

"No, I had a flat tire. But Michael had been looking for me and he found me, bringing me here. He's gonna send someone to tow my car tomorrow" I said.

"Michael looked for you?" Calum asked, pursing his lips. I nodded and he narrowed his eyes. "Okay then."

"Um...everything okay?" I asked him.

"Yes" he said. I decided to let it go.

"Okay, well, we're gonna head back to our cabin" Luke and Ashton said. They share a cabin.

"Okay, bye guys" I said, hugging them both once more.

"Um, Luke?" Jessica started. We all looked over at her. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, of course" he said, smiling a little. I grinned at both of them as Ashton shrugged and headed out.

"I think I'm gonna go too" Calum said.

"Okay. Bye, Cal."

"Bye" he replied, kissing me lightly on the lips. He left, and I changed into some comfortable clothes, crawling under the covers.

I realized I wasn't tired at all, considering the fact I fell asleep on the field for quite a while. So I pulled out my phone, surprised to see many missed calls and texts. I tried not to listen to Jessica and Luke talking outside but I really wanted to know what they were saying. As if on cue, they both came back in and Luke smiled big, putting his lips on hers. She grinned into the kiss. I started clapping and they both pulled apart, blushing.

"So you're together now?" I asked, smirking. Jessica nodded, smiling still. "Yay!" I exclaimed, chuckling.

"Luke's spending the night" Jessica said.

"Oh, will it be awkward with me here?" I asked.

"No, it's not like we're gonna do anything" Luke said, both of them blushing. I chuckled again as they both climbed into Jessica's bed.

"I'm not gonna be able to sleep" I mumbled. "I fell asleep on the field I drove to for a very, very long time."

"Nice" Jessica said. I poked my tongue out at her and sighed, thinking about Michael.

"Did you guys know about Michael going out and looking for me?" I asked, curious.

"I did" Jessica said. "But I was the only one who knew...." She trailed off.

"What is it?" I asked. She sat up.

"Okay, well...When I woke up this morning.."

-flashback-

Jessica's P.O.V.

I yawned, waking up and climbing out of the bed. I looked over and saw that Ashley wasn't there. She must've gone to the beach. So I showered and put my bikini on, walking to the beach. I spotted Luke. "Hey, have you seen Ashley?" I asked.

"Nope" he replied, furrowing his eyebrows. "But I think I saw her get into her car earlier." I nodded. She probably went to the store or something. I saw Michael sitting in the sand, kicking at it. I frowned at how depressed he appeared to be.

-9:06pm-

"Okay, where the hell is Ashley?" I asked Luke, running a hand through my hair. I looked over to see Calum generally worried with his head in his hands. I pet him on the shoulder, comforting him. We've tried to reach her by her cellphone multiple times but nothing's working.

"I don't know.." Luke mumbled. I walked out of the cabin to think, when suddenly I saw Michael stumble backwards.

"Do you know where Ashley is?" I asked.

"No...?" He said. "What do you mean? Is she okay? What happened to her?" His eyes went wide.

"She disappeared this morning and still hasn't come back, and we're growing worried" she replied. His chest rose and fell rapidly.

"This is all my fault! My damn fault!" He yelled, kicking the hard wood of the cabin.

"Michael, what the hell are you talking about?" I asked.

"I made a mistake, it's my fault. I'm looking for her" he said, running down the beach to find his car. I crossed my arms, watching him. He's crazy about her and I've never seen him act like this.

-END FLASHBACK-

"W-wow..." I mumbled, taking it all in.

"We've never seen him like this about a girl" Luke stated. I stared at the ground, thinking about that.