Chapter 25

Michael's P.O.V.

I rushed to her cabin, throwing the door open.

"Where's Ashley?" I said through gritted teeth. Jessica narrowed her eyes.

"Thanks to you, she told me she's going home. But she left her bags so I can guarantee that's not where she is."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I ran out of the cabin and jumped into my car, thinking of where she could be. The field...? I drove my car there, shocked at what I saw. I got out of the car and stepped on shattered glass. That's when I saw her. I felt my heart break into a million pieces as she was on the ground, calling my name. I ran up to her, kneeling down next to her and grabbing her hand.

"M-Michael?" She slurred, obviously drunk. I nodded and she threw herself into my arms. I started to rub her back as she cried into my shoulder. She pulled away and looked down at her arms. I gasped at the blood coating them. "I wanted to kill myself" she said, giggling. "But there was nothing I could use, so this was the next best thing." My heart dropped and for the first time, I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Why?" I asked, my voice cracking as I wiped my eyes.

"Well, the things you said back there reminded me of how unimportant I am and how nobody cares about me. And I fell in love with you so that was tough to take in" she replied, smiling and shrugging.

I felt my breathing slow and tears drip down my cheeks. She almost took her life because of me.

"Ashley, listen to me" I said, hearing my voice crack again. "I didn't mean it. I d-didn't mean anything I said. I just wanted to make you mad and I'm a horrible person, okay? Ashley, I...I know you're drunk and you may not remember this, but I love you. I love you so much. I love you more than anything in this world. I never wanted to admit it but I know I felt it inside. All I wanna do is be with you. You mean more to me then anyone or anything, and the night we broke up I lost my head. God, I love you so much. Please never kill yourself." I felt myself begin to cry..for the first time, in front of anyone. She put a hand over her heart and wrapped her arms around me. She's drunk and she won't remember this, but..it's still worth it.

"I love you Michael" she mumbled into my shoulder.

"I love you, Ashley" I replied, holding her tightly and never wanting to let her go.

I took her hand and we went to my car.

"We can get your car when you aren't drunk anymore, okay?" I whispered softly. She nodded and stumbled into the passenger seat as I got into the driver seat. I felt like punching a wall. She almost killed herself because of me. No matter what, that's all that could swim around in my head. I drove to my cabin and we went in. She collapsed onto my bed and I crawled in beside her. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close.

"Please, never leave" I mumbled into her hair, kissing her on the top of her head.

"I won't" she replied, smiling. I drifted off to sleep.

-

-Ashley's P.O.V.-

I woke up, my head thumping like crazy. I started to sit up, but I looked down at a pair of arms wrapped around me. What? I turned around and saw Michael, feeling my heart beat slow. I looked around. This isn't my cabin? I rubbed my head. What happened last night? All I remember is seeing Michael and that girl, then driving home..home..no, I went to the field. I remember that. I went to the field, I...got drunk. Yes, I got drunk. I looked down at my arms, seeing bloody cuts all over them. What? Wait, I..I remember wanting to kill myself..

It all came rushing back.

Michael coming and telling me he loves me.

Michael told me he loves me.

My heart raced as I watched him sleep. I slipped out of his arms and stood up, leaning against the wall for support. I turned around and saw Michael slowly sitting up, rubbing his eyes. His expression softened.

"Hey" he said, quietly. "Do you..reme-"

"Yes" I interrupted, pursing my lips and sighing. He rolled out of the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"I guess..."

He walked to the cabinet and grabbed some pills.

"Take these" he said.

"I don't know, should I trust you? You obviously don't trust me" I spat, the words sounding harsher then I thought.

He swallowed hard and pulled out a cup, filling it with water. He slowly set the cup down and walked away, staring at the ground. I took the pills and walked back over to him, my eyes falling to the cuts on my arms. He got out a washcloth and wet it, handing it to me. He had dipped it in some sort of rubbing alcohol. I slowly let the washcloth run over my cuts, and it burned a lot. I cringed. He watched me. Suddenly, he cleared his throat.

"Um..how much do you exactly..remember from last night?"

"Everything" I replied, not making eye contact with him.

"And the part where I said I love you..." He trailed off.

"It's okay. You didn't mean it, I know."

"I did. I do. I love you" he said. I felt my heart flutter.

"I hate to admit it but unfortunately, I love you too.."

He chuckled, sitting beside me on his bed. His smile then faded and he pursed his lips.

"You wanted to kill yourself last night..was that my fault?"

"Partly, I guess" I replied.

"Look at me" he said. But I refused to. "Please, just look at me." I sighed and looked up at him, seeing hurt in his eyes. "I didn't mean what I said back there and I'm the biggest jerk on the planet. I don't deserve you...you deserve to be with a guy that's just like you. I'm different. You deserve a guy who's clean cut and has his hair slicked back and would never do anything to hurt you..I'm sorry, okay? But I did fall in love with you. I'm in love with you. I just..just don't be with me." He blinked back tears and shoved his hands into his pockets, standing up and pacing around.

"Michael?" I asked. He stopped and slowly turned around.

"What?"

"I don't want anyone else. I want you." I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips against his.