Chapter 28

(A/N: I had to update again, haha. i couldn't hold it in.)

-

When I got to my cabin, I felt my head spin. I leaned onto the door for support. The only boy I've ever loved just cheated like me, like they all do. I'm not good enough for anybody, and I never will be.

I walked to the kitchen area and felt the tears come down. I looked around and threw a drawer open, grabbing a knife. I stumbled into the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it. I sank to the ground and let the tears fall down my cheeks. I'm not good enough. I'm worthless. Nobody cares about me. I bought the blade to my wrist and cut across it, blood oozing out. I continued to cut down my wrist, enjoying the pain.

"Ashley?" I heard a voice call. "Ashley, can we just talk?" Michael. I cut deeper. "Ashley..." I heard him walk towards the kitchen. He ran up to the bathroom door, trying to open it. "Ashley! Ashley, open up!" But I refused. I cut again. "Ashley, please!" He kicked the door and I continued to cry. After a few minutes, the door flew open. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes, then down to my wrist. I started to leave another cut, but he grabbed the knife out of my hand and threw it.

I tried to crawl back over to it but he didn't let me move.

"Ashley" he said, his voice cracking. I breathed heavy, looking into his eyes. "You're cared about" he said quietly, wiping my tears away. "I love you. I love you more than anything. I don't know what I would do without you. You aren't worthless, you're so much more then that. You're a strong, beautiful woman who still has her whole life ahead of her." He put both hands on my cheeks. "I just..I..I.." His face got closer to mine and he closed his eyes, his lips pressing against mine. I felt like the world stopped.

Michael's everything I want and everything I need. We fight a lot and we argue, but nothing's better then us. We're in love and love will always win in the end. We pulled apart and I couldn't help but to cry again. I wrapped my arms around him and just cried. My tears stained his shirt but he didn't seem to care. He held me in his arms. I looked down at the blood on my arm. He grabbed my hand and helped me up, grabbing my waist and setting me on the bathroom sink. He took a washcloth and wet it, rubbing it over my cuts. It stung badly, but I knew it would only help. He dipped it in rubbing alcohol and dabbed the cuts. I cringed and he kissed me on my forehead, calming me down. He then wrapped my arm in bandages.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

I nodded, getting off of the bathroom sink and crawling into my bed.

"Um.." He said, awkwardly.

"Stay. I just wanna talk."

He nodded and I turned the light off as he crawled under the covers beside me. We both turned and faced each other.

"First of all, why did you do it?"

"Well, like I said..we were reminiscing and we got caught up in the moment. I know I'm a horrible person and I shouldn't have expected you to take me back. But I can tell you that kiss meant nothing to me. Whatever I felt in the past, I didn't feel when we kissed. I can assure you I'll never talk to her again." He sighed and closed his eyes for a minute, opening them again.

"Okay..." I trailed off, looking away. "I have another question. Why did you wanna be with me in the first place?"

He thought about that for a minute.

"When I first saw you, in my head all I could think was just...wow. I have to get her. So I would, um..follow you around a bit.." He chuckled nervously. "And I found out all these different things about you, which attracted me to you even more. My first intentions were just that I wanted to sleep with you, but finding out all those things only made me want to know more about you as a person. So that one night where we went to that party and I got into a fight and I drove you to my cabin..we started to ask each other questions, remember? And that's the night I started to feel something much more then just messing around. I didn't know how to handle the feeling, so I would act flat out rude to you. Especially when I saw you with Calum..I just knew Calum was gonna screw up and break your heart, which he did. But Ashley, I fell in love with you. I am in love with you. Sometimes I don't know what to do about and I just..go crazy because all I wanna do is hear you talk for hours. Hear you worry about me. Hold you when you cry during those stupid, sappy movies. Run on the beach with you. Feel my lips against yours." He chuckled and looked down. "I'm sorry, this is probably the cheesiest thing I've ever done in my life." He looked away.

"No, it's..perfect" I said quietly. "Michael, you're the reason I haven't killed myself by now." I looked into his eyes with dead seriousness. He blinked a few times. "It's true. Michael, I wanna fight with you. I wanna scream at you. I wanna get so mad that I don't know what to do, so you just hold me in your arms. I want that, because I love you." He smiled.

"R-really?" He asked. "After what I just did to you?"

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed off because of that." I chuckled lightly. "But if I catch you do it again, no second chances."

He nodded sincerely. "It isn't gonna happen, I can swear."

"Okay, then..I'll give you another chance." He smiled big and pressed his lips against mine.