Chapter 35

"Why can't you just move in tomorrow?" I asked Michael as I climbed out of the car.

"Because I'm taking you out" he replied, casually.

"Where at?"

"Um, I don't know yet...I want to take you on an actual date because it feels like I haven't done that yet" he replied.

"Awww, Michael" I cooed, squeezing his cheeks. He rolled his eyes and we walked into his cabin.

"I'm not romantic" he mumbled.

"Yes you are" I replied, smirking.

"Okay, whatever."

I chuckled at him and took a quick shower. When I finished, I brushed my teeth and changed into a pair of Michael's sweat pants and his Jack Daniels shirt. I walked out and lay on the bed, exhausted. While Michael was in the shower, I fell asleep.

-

The next morning, I poured myself a bowl of cereal. I then thought of something. What am I supposed to wear on this date? All my clothes are at my actual house.

Michael rolled out of the bed and ruffled his hair.

"Michael, what am I gonna wear on the date?"

"I don't know" he mumbled groggily. "Just go home and get something."

"I can't.." I replied. "My mom.."

"Well technically you're still living there" he said.

"How?"

"She didn't confirm that she's kicked you out, did she? She asked you to come back."

"Oh, that's right" I replied, furrowing my eyebrows. "Can you drive me over when I'm done eating?"

"Sure" he replied, pouring himself some cereal.

So when we finished, we got into Michael's car and he drove me to the house. We pulled into the driveway and I took a deep breath, about to step out of the car. Michael grabbed my hand.

"Don't be scared, okay?" He said. I smiled at him and leaned over, pressing my lips softly against his.

I got out of the car and walked to the door. Should I knock..? I guess not. I opened it and walked right in, straight to my room. As soon as I entered, someone grabbed my arm. I turned and saw my mom.

"What do you think you're doing, young lady? Did you finally come to your senses?"

"No, I'm getting some clothes" I replied, shrugging.

"You aren't..really moving out, are you?" She asked.

"If I can't be with Michael, then yes" I replied.

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say, because my mom blew up.

"I will call the police on that boy! You aren't dating him!"

"What? Mom, why would you call the police? That's ridiculous!" I exclaimed.

"I will. He doesn't need to be seeing you anymore. This is getting out of hand" she replied.

"Mom, no!"

She grabbed her cellphone, calling the police. I felt tears stream down my face.

"Okay" I whispered, my voice cracking.

"What?" My mom asked.

"I-I'll stop seeing him."

She smirked and hung up.

I can't do this anymore. She was gonna call the police on Michael and possibly have him arrested and I just can't let that happen. I just can't.

"Can I say bye to him?" I asked, tears dripping down. My mom crossed her arms and nodded slowly.

I walked outside, my heart shattering. I opened the car door and climbed in.

"What happened?" Michael asked, knitting his eyebrows.

"We can't see each other anymore" I replied in a whisper. I watched his eyes slowly fall to the car floor.

"What?"

"She tried to call the police on you. Michael, this is getting too far..." I trailed off.

"B-but-"

"I'm sorry" I interrupted. Tears began to fall from his eyes and I wrapped my arms around him. So this is our goodbye.

I pressed my lips against his and we stayed like this for what seemed like forever.

"I'll never stop loving you" he said, wiping my tears away. "I promise."

I got out of the car.

"I love you, Michael" I said, more tears coming out.

"I love you" he replied. He pursed his lips and slowly backed out of the driveway.

And there he went.

Why did it have to end like this?

I walked back into the house and ignored my mom, walking straight to my room. I slammed the door and locked it, feeling a great pain in my chest. I hadn't realized that could possibly be the last time I'll ever see Michael.

What I don't understand is why my mom would do this to me..? I'm 18, and I'm an adult. I should be able to make my own decisions. My mom treats me like a little kid. Does she even care about my happiness?

I felt myself start to cry again and grabbed a knife off of the desk, cutting down my wrist. I need to do this. The pain is just too much.

-Michael's P.O.V.-

It isn't over.

It isn't over.

I'm gonna drive to her house tomorrow and get her back, and that's a promise to myself. She's my everything. She's my world. I'm not letting her get away this easily. I parked the car and went into the cabin, slamming the door and grabbing a beer.

-The Next Day-

-Ashley's P.O.V.-

I answered the door, surprised to see Michael standing there. He had a rose in his hand.

"You think I'm letting you get away so easy?" He asked, smiling. My eyes widened and I stepped outside, closing the door quickly.

"My mom will flip if she sees you here" I whispered.

"I don't care" he replied, handing me the rose. "I love you, and that's all I know."

I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around him. We stayed like this for a while.

"Michael, I just..I don't think this is gonna work out..." I trailed off.

"We can make it work" he replied, staring into my eyes. I heard the door open behind us and turned around, my mom standing there with her arms crossed.

"I will get a restraining order on you" she threatened to Michael. "I swear to god."

"Listen, I love your daughter. She means everything to me. I-"

"I don't wanna hear it" my mom snapped.

"Mom, stop" I said.

"No" she replied, pulling out her cellphone and calling the police.

"You can't do this" I said through tears.

"Yes I can" she replied.

"Hello, this is 911. What's your emergency?"

"Yes, I-"

"Michael, leave" I said.

"No, I'm not leaving" he replied.

"Michael, please..for me.." I begged. He grabbed me by my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine.

"I love you" he said, turning around and running to his car. He pulled out of the driveway and my mom hung up. I felt my heart break, once again.

For a few days, he tried to call. But my mom forced me to block his number.

And he tried to sneak up to my window. But my mom always caught him.

Then

Everything

Just

Stopped.

(A/N: this is NOT the end, if you think it is. You'll see in the next chapter.)