Chapter 9

Michael's P.O.V.

I sighed as Amanda held my hand. "Hey, Mikey, you wanna go back to one of our cabins?" She asked, smirking.

"I don't know" I mumbled, staring at the ground.

"What?" She asked.

"I mean, sure... I guess" I said.

So she dragged me to her cabin but instead of going inside she pinned me onto the wall outside and pressed her lips against mine. She moaned against my lips and licked my bottom lip. I let her tongue in. But still, I felt nothing. No heat at all. She traced her fingers to the bottom of my shirt. She pulled away and grabbed my hand to lead me inside, but that's when I saw Ashley standing there with her eyes right on us.

Ashley's P.O.V.

I had been going to meet Calum on the beach, when I saw Michael and Amanda making out. I swallowed the lump in my throat as Amanda grabbed his hand to lead him inside. To my surprise, Michael turned around and saw me standing here, his perfect lips molding to a frown.

Perfect lips?

I shook my head rapidly. Why the hell did I just call his lips perfect? I mean, he has nice lips, but..

Snap out of it. You have a boyfriend.

I sighed and walked down the beach, spotting Calum. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, Ash" he said, wrapping an arm around me.

"Hey Cal" I said, kissing him on the cheek.

"So at the fire tonight there's gonna be a party...please come" he begged.

"I don't know..whenever I go to parties, things go wrong..." I mumbled.

"Please?" He said, grabbing my hand. How could I say no to him?

"Fine, I'll go" I replied. He grinned and hugged me. "And what's with all these parties?"

"I don't know, underage drinking I guess" he said with a shrug.

The day went by too fast and I found myself heading to the fire with Jessica. There was a huge crowd around the fire, smoking and drinking. I instantly felt uncomfortable. I don't know why, but it just makes me really uncomfortable being at parties like this.

"Hey babe" Calum said, smiling. He sounded drunk but I'm not sure.

"Hey, Cal" I said, shifting uncomfortably.

"You're so sexy..." He mumbled, pressing his lips against mine. I kissed back, but something didn't feel right. For some reason, I felt no heat. I pulled apart.

"Calum?" I said.

"What?" He asked, giggling. I couldn't help but to smile.

"Um, I need to...go to the bathroom" I lied.

I walked off but to take a walk on the beach. I really have a lot to think about. I feel no heat between me and Calum, yet he's so sweet to me. I sighed, staring at the low tide of the ocean's waves. I don't feel anything for Michael, do I...? No. Yes. No. Okay, I do. I know I can't deny it; I definitely feel something. I also feel something for Calum, but both feelings are so...different. The thing of it is, I barely know them. I thought about what Michael said, about how that didn't matter at all. It just matters what you feel. I sat down in the sand, staring out at the ocean. Why is this so complicated? I then felt someone sit next to me and turned to see Luke sitting there.

"Hey Luke" I said, smiling.

"Hey, what are you doing over here?"

"Well, everyone's getting wasted and I don't necessarily drink." He chuckled.