❄ 32 ❄ Reborn ❄

Start from the beginning

"It's fine," Nahuel said in a soft, soothing voice. "You will be stronger than me for the first few months after the change. Over time you will be able to control your strength."

Masika glanced up at him underneath her long lashes to see him smiling at her sweetly. She met his gaze and smiled back. The door to the bedroom opened and her head snapped around to see Carlisle, Wren, four boys, two of them she knew had to be Edward and Rhys. She smiled at Wren in greeting and started forward, walking towards her. Rhys, the on with the messy black hair, stepped in front of her, eyeing Masika with cautious golden topaz eyes.

She stopped moving immediately, eyeing him cautiously in return. Wren sighed in exasperation and placed a hand on Rhys' arm.

"It's alright, Rhys. She's calm." She told him.

He glanced at her skeptically before turning to look at the tall, blonde-haired boy standing next to Edward. Jasper nodded his head in agreement with Wren's words. Rhys stepped backward and leaned against the doorjamb, his golden eyes trained on Masika. Wren, unhindered, stepped forward again and took the other girl's hands in her own.

"How are you feeling?" She asked the other girl, concern flaring inside her ice-blue eyes.

"Different but I'll get used to it," Masika answered with a small smile.

The other girl smiled back at her and nodded her head in understanding. She then turned around and began leading her towards the door.

"Come. You must hunt," said Wren.

Masika stopped walking and she stopped walking with her. She turned and gazed at her curiously.

"Hunt?" She asked, gazing at the other girl in confusion. "Why?"

"Do you feel a burning sensation at the back of your throat?" Wren asked instead of answering her question.

As she spoke, a searing burning sensation flared at the back of Masika's throat. She inhaled deeply, startled, and the pain was suddenly gone like ice-cold water had been trickled down the back of her throat, a heavenly scent of crisp apple and winter swirling in her nostrils.

"Yes, briefly, but now it's gone." She said, gazing at the other girl curiously, noticing that the scent came from her.

Everyone all stared at her in confusion. Wren glanced over her shoulder at Rhys before looking back at the other girl.

"Of course." She said softly, to no one in particular.

"There is something about your blood." Masika blurted out, staring at her closely. "I knew you gave it to me to keep me alive, but there is something else that is bothering me."

Everyone remained silent, staring from her to Wren, waiting for either one of them to speak. When Wren remained silent, Masika took a deep breath and blurted out what was on her mind.