Chapter 16

Lucille and J.D. were in the middle of picking strawberries. J.D. found a perfectly ripe and big strawberry, he walked over to it and pulled it.

It wouldn't come off. He pulled harder and harder until out of nowhere a rush of wind whipped through his face and made him fall backwards.

"T-t-that.... was......your.......husband!" J.D. trembled loudly.

"Well, ex husband." Lucille corrected. "And I always hated it when he disrupts everything that I enjoy doing. Whether it be picking strawberries, naps, he disrupts everything."

"Well, are we done picking strawberries now?" J.D. asked. "Because I wanna be with my bubbies."

"Sure." Lucille said.

Back in the kitchen, Dwayne and I waited for Lucille to come back with the strawberries because he next step said to add cut up strawberries.

J.D. ran in back inside with a scared look on his face and went behind Dwayne. "What happened?" Dwayne asked.

"The g-g-ghost." He stuttered quietly.

Lucille came in a few seconds later. She sighed and began cutting the strawberries. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"It's just my ex husband again." She said as she slid the strawberries into the mix. I began to mix the batter.

"This smells good." I said.

"Yes," Lucille agreed, "it'll smell even better once it's done. Now let's use the rest of the strawberries to make the frosting."

"Oh, I wanna help." J.D. quickly said.

"Hehe, okay then." Lucille chuckled.

About half an hour later, the cake smelled delicious. It even looks delicious with its pink strawberry frosting covering the two layers of goodness.

"When can we eat it?" J.D. asked.

"Now." Lucille said.