Chapter 4

I came back downstairs to the living room. I stopped and panted really hard. I tried to look for my asthma inhaler.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked while she quickly handed me my asthma inhaler.

"Yeah," I took a few pumps of the medicine. "I'm good."

"Anyways," my mom said. "Who wants to help me build the crib for the new baby?"

I totally forgot to mention that Mom is pregnant. I think she finally hit her ninth month of pregnancy. Beforehand, I've been losing count of how many months she's in. Until Sunday when she told us the baby is planning on coming this weekend.

"Me!" Dwayne and J.D. yelled.

"Sure." I added.

"Alrighty then," Mom said getting up. "Lets get started." We followed her upstairs. To one if the rooms with a twin sized mattress leaning against the wall and crib equipment lying on the floor.

"Please tell me I don't have to share a room with the baby." Dwayne said.

"Oh, you don't have to," Mom said, "J.D. will share the room with the baby, and Ricky will share a room with Dwayne."

J.D. made a dramatic face and I, for some reason felt relieved, but I don't think Dwayne was. "I am gonna miss sharing a room with you." J.D. said while looking down. Then his head quickly jolted up and his expression changed, but I think it'll be more fun sharing with the baby."

All I could do after he said that was glare at him.
We finally built the crib. It was almost dinner time, we decided to take a shower before it's ready.
We had Chinese food, which was kind of better than the Chinese food we had back in Pennsylvania.

After dinner, I headed back up to the attic. I looked back at the very old navy small door. I tried to open the knob, but it was locked. I sighed. I wish I could know what's behind the door. It was probably a small closet, but what about the muffles I heard inside?

I guess it had to wait till tomorrow. I began to yawn and head back downstairs to bed.