Chapter 2

We still have about another hour before we reach Maryland. The radio played some early Y2k music.
My big brother Dwayne started to yawn. My little brother J.D. and I did the same.

"Wake up you guys," my mom said after she turned around, "We're almost to the gas station. Maybe we can get you guys some coffee there." I know kids at a young age like mine can't really drink coffee, but like I said, my mom is pretty fun.

A few minutes later, we pulled to a gas station with a Starbucks inside. While my dad filled up truck with gas, my brothers and I went with my mom inside the gas station. She demanded us to use the restroom. After that, we went to Starbucks. I was happy she ordered us iced coffee because it is pretty hot outside.

We went outside back to the truck. Our dad sighed as us because we have coffee, which indeed, I totally understand.

30 minutes until we reach Maryland. I noticed J.D. kicking his feet wildly to an Usher song that was playing on the radio right now.

"I don't get it." I told Dwayne.

"What?" Dwayne asked still sipping his coffee.

"Why J.D. is kicking his feet to a slow song." I responded. Dwayne shrugged then looked back at the window.

What seemed like a lot of minutes later, we reached Baltimore, Maryland. We drove to the suburban side of Baltimore and parked in front of a blue house.
The house was kind of bigger than our old house back in Pennsylvania, surprisingly a lot neater. We quickly got out of the car, and got our stuff out and moved it into the house.

Dad unlocked the door and went inside. J.D. gasped as soon as we got inside. "Wow! This house is pretty."

"Yeah, it is." Dad said as he moved a luggage to the corner. "Dwayne, you can come help me move the mattresses from the truck."

"Okay." Dwayne said and ran outside. I decided to kind of explore a little around the house.

First, I went to the kitchen. It had a dishwasher, two sinks, and a refrigerator with a lot of shelves and a water and ice dispenser. And of course a stove and microwave. I went to the dining room. It was like any other dining area, a huge table and a chandelier.
I went inside the downstairs bathroom. It had a small shower, which is easier and faster to know who's gonna take a shower.

I went upstairs. It had three bedrooms. I still don't know why I had to still share a room with J.D. I went to room one, it was huge. So I guess it'll be Mom and Dad's room. I went to room two, it was a little smaller than room one. So maybe this is Dwayne's room. Room 3, of course is gonna be me and J.D.'s room. The bathroom was the same as the one downstairs, but bigger.

I think I'm gonna like this place.