Chapter 3

A few hours had passed and we were finally done unpacking our stuff. There was a huge box that was labeled Extras.

"Hey, Ricky," my dad called me, "Could you bring that box up to the attic?" I didn't know this house had an attic, too. I guess I had another room to explore.

"Yes sir." I said while picking up the not-so-heavy box up stairs. It didn't take me awhile to find the door to the attic. How come I didn't see it when I first came up here? I thought to myself. I slowly opened the door, it was dark and the stairs looked dusty.

Luckily, I had enough bravery to carry the box up to the dusty stairs. As I reached to the top of the stairs, I looked around the attic. It looked very spacey and neat for an attic. I sat the box down in front of the window. I looked out from it and watched the cars drive smoothly up and down the street.

I turned around and saw another door near the back corner. It looked three times smaller than the attic door. I walked towards it and examined it. It looked like the color of dark navy, there are some pieces of wooden splinters poking out from the surface, and some of the navy paint were broken off. This door had to be here for a really long time.

All of a sudden I heard a small thud noise. I jumped a little and began to press my ear to the door hearing what was going on inside.

I heard some muffling noises of people talking, it actually sounded more like some sort of argument. I pulled my head away from the door.

I reached for knob until I heard a muffled yell that sounded like, "Get out!"
I jumped harder than last time and my eyes widened with fear.

I got up quickly and ran as fast as I could back downstairs.