Chapter 6

I closed the attic door behind me and smelled bacon. I went downstairs and heard loud sizzling coming from the kitchen. I saw Mom making bacon sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches.

I love it when Mom makes us breakfast sandwiches for breakfast. The best thing about it is that the buns are biscuits. And it usually means that something good is happening.

"What happened?" I asked and Mom suddenly turned around and saw me.

"Oh, it's something very very surprising, but we gotta wait till the others wake up." Mom said.

We heard a yawn coming downstairs. "Are we going to the zoo today?" J.D. said with a sleepy voice. He also knows how Mom makes sandwiches when something good happens.

"Sorry, honey. We're not going to the zoo today." Mom said while she flipped the bacon over.

J.D. moaned and sat down at the table. I sat next to him. "Do you want me to tell you something cool?" I asked J.D.

"We are going to the zoo?!" J.D. quickly asked.
I chuckled, "No. There is this doo-" I was interrupted by my dad walking in.

"Mmmm! I smell breakfast sandwiches." Dad came and kisses Mom on the head. "Is something happening?"

"Yup." Mom said cheerfully. "But we gotta wait till Dwayne wakes up. Right after Mom said that, Dwayne walked in rubbing his eye. "Yay. You're up. Now I can tell you guys. I didn't want to hold it in much longer." Mom quickly said. "Okay. It's about the baby. It's gonna come tomorrow!"

Dwayne's eyes widened. J.D.'s jaw dropped. Dad was making a happy face. And I just smiled big. "Yay!" J.D. yelled while clapping his hands.

"Yeah!" Mom agreed. "And here are our breakfast sandwiches to celebrate."

We all sat down at the table enjoying our breakfast.